Topic: Team Captains

Is there any requirement that the Team Captains be a non-driver? I noticed that in the Chumpcar rules. I hadn't seen any mention of Team Captains as any special position for Lemons until I had a look at the entry form.

The Spanish Armada
'51 DeSoto, car #1539: Featuring authentic 16th century engineering

Re: Team Captains

nope.  I'm our captain and I (attempt to) drive (well).

I wouldn't waste my time looking for too much crossover in the rules sets. If for no other reason than if you goof something up and then say to the judges "but I saw it in the ChumpCar rules," there is no telling how much crap you will get for that one. Good luck! smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I certainly wouldn't do that! Just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something.

As for Chumpcar... down here in this corner of the country, it looks like Chumpcar has most of the tracks cornered. On the up-side, it's unlikely our car will survive a single event, so the issue will probably solve itself.

The Spanish Armada

Where exactly in the ChumpCar rules does it state that the captain can't be a driver?  We are running a Chump race in August and I've never seen or heard of that rule.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Nope, I'm Craptain, car owner, and top driver (LMAO)

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Where exactly in the ChumpCar rules does it state that the captain can't be a driver?  We are running a Chump race in August and I've never seen or heard of that rule.

Sorry about that, turns out it was just in the FAQ, as follows:

You see, you’ll need a team of four (4) drivers for our race events, plus we’d like to see every team have a designated Team Captain that’s not a driver.

The Spanish Armada

Thanks.  I guess that won't be the case with us.  We have no spare people. big_smile

'74 260Z

Team Captain is the guy who most annoys his wife with what's in his driveway/garage.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

I just realized I'm the only person on my entire team that actually has a wife.

The Spanish Armada

AllYaGottaDoIs wrote:

I just realized I'm the only person on my entire team that still has a wife now that we race crapcans.

Fixed it for you

'74 260Z

How about had a wife when we started racing crapcans....

Mark
Grim Reaper Racing - V-6 Ford Mustang
American Made with worn out foreign parts

komododave wrote:

Team Captain is the guy who most annoys his wife with what's in his driveway/garage.

No, you got it wrong.  The Team Captain is the one who makes the other team members keep the crap in the driveway . . . and the lawn  . . . and the living room.

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

AllYaGottaDoIs wrote:

Is there any requirement that the Team Captains be a non-driver? I noticed that in the Chumpcar rules. I hadn't seen any mention of Team Captains as any special position for Lemons until I had a look at the entry form.

You might want to check NASCAR and Formula Drift rules before asking this question. They might very well have something to say about team captains, you know?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Oh good, you're here. Hang out for a few minutes, I have a whole list of questions based on the FAQ from Bernie Ecclestone's Facebook page.

The Spanish Armada

pgeorgeson wrote:
komododave wrote:

No, you got it wrong.  The Team Captain is the one who makes the other team members keep the crap in the driveway . . . and the lawn  . . . and the living room.

LMAO You must be talking about our team, since my car has been sitting at one of my teammates houses for the past year (and is soon to be evicted by the wife he still has).

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

pgeorgeson wrote:
komododave wrote:

Dang!  I'm doing this whole team captain thing way wrong then.  Doesn't help that I'm the only one with a HOUSE though.....

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

I thought the team captian was the one who ran the grille?

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

Modelwerks wrote:

I thought the team captian was the one who ran the grille?

and bought the beer...

250 GTO

20 (edited by DaveG 2010-06-23 07:10 AM)

What's a "team captain?"

Dave -- member emeritus, Vermont Bert One --

Also known as Straw Boss or HMFIC.  Best as I can tell, they cook, bring beer, get the least dirty, and sometimes buy stuff.  With more experience, I think they just point.

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

22 (edited by AllYaGottaDoIs 2010-06-23 08:17 AM)

Indeed.

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/briatore-on-fast-track-to-success-at-rangers-415x275.jpg

(It is disturbingly difficult to find a clothed picture of Flavio Briatore.)

The Spanish Armada

Chump does not REQUIRE a team captain that doesn't drive.  Who the hell would want THAT job?

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Correct ran the 24 in Newton (term ran used VERY loosely) I am team captain and also drove

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau

Yes, cleared up earlier, thanks.

The Spanish Armada