Topic: Starting order

How do they determine the starting order in these races?

Re: Starting order

They randomly pick a car to get the green flag

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Starting order is nearly inconsequential because it's all shot to shit when you stop for 15 minutes to change drivers and use the gas pump.

It's determined by a combination of when the hell you get the car out of the paddock and where you just happen to be located on the track when the green flag drops - Lemons does a flying start to whatever car happens to be in the right car at the appointed time.

On day 2 restarts, the cars with a chance in hell at podium finishes (Top 10?) get gridded in order and the restart goes to the race leader.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

On day 2 restarts, the cars with a chance in hell at podium finishes (Top 10?) get gridded in order and the restart goes to the race leader.

Yeah, top 10 is how Jay did it in Dallas. Not sure about Houston as I didn't make it to day 2.

86 Honda Prelube - Team Inspite: Rabid Hybrid Racing

That Top 10 grid on Sunday was the first time I've seen that in Lemons. Did Jay do this at CMP or Summit? I thought it was brilliant -- it would allow the "leaders" to all crash out together smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

He did it at Gator-O-Rama in Feb. and it was done at New Orleans '09 too.

7 (edited by YesIFit 2010-06-29 09:48 AM)

sergio wrote:

He did it at Gator-O-Rama in Feb. and it was done at New Orleans '09 too.

Guess you would know, eh? Must be nice...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Top 10 in order and the rest in a first in first served order after that was how Summit Session II started.

That top ten thing is the way I've seen the 2nd day start for the last five Lemons races I've one dating back to last year.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

thanks, we've got a big, slow car and are looking for ways to stay outta the melee.  At most club races I've been to there's usually a bunch of guys who think the race is won in the first lap.

This whole race is a melee.

Top 10 is for second day only.  They must figure everyone else is out of contention by that point.  Day one is still random, and rightfully so.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

There is plenty of time for the top 10 teams to fall completely out of contention in day 2 but it at least seems like you are giving them a fair chance of winning without having to spend all morning sorting all the cars that are still running.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page