1 (edited by sbarton 2010-06-29 10:18 AM)

Topic: Summit Point Writeup

Here is a link to team's detailed writeup with pics and video.

http://dtmlemons.blogspot.com/search/la … %20Offense

Post your links or writeups:

-Scott

Scott Barton

Re: Summit Point Writeup

Nice write-up of your effort!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

You forgot to give props to the Save the Ta-Tas team for loaning you like 53 extensions! LOL....just kidding.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

Sorry guys, I forgot the name of the team we got them from.  Those extensions worked! 

Also need to thank the guys who gave us the jack stands, the guys who fed us ribs and beer on Fri night, the guys who fed us spaghetti and meatballs on Sat night, and the Gassholes for giving us the stickers that gave us the extra 5hp each.  smile 

I love the comraderie of Lemons, it is what makes the event so much fun. 

-Scott

Scott Barton

Just curious... I saw a lap analysis of the car from a previous event.  How did you determine which laps were yellow and which were not?

hey Scott? you didn't find any of my tools in your trailer did ya? I am also missing my aluminum jack, but David might have that

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

The spaghetti and meatballs was the #31 FSM team of course!

Do have any video of the good 3-way battle we had going with #55 on Sunday?

Nice summary, and nice job all weekend, Scott. Too bad my Lincoln had a wiring harness fire, a coil pack failure, and a clutch cable failure, or we might have given you and the Benz a run for your money. BTW, you didn't get FTD Sunday with that 1:57.3, though. Some asshole known as "Speedycop" was fastest both Saturday and Sunday. My 1:55.1 was just a tad faster. Too bad we had rotten luck all weekend. Congrats to you and the team on the class win, though, and the second overall! wink

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop, when you were running, you were brutally fast!! We had to rely on one of our PDE instructor drivers to even break the 2:00 minute mark.  The big benz had plenty o power on the straights, but the esses were like riding a mechanical bull.  The only way we managed to win was avoid black flags.

Good race and I can't wait to see the next iteration of the T-bird.

Schultz

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

Thanks! I was the drift king, thanks to the light ass end and the welded rear. Not really desirable in a road race, but when you are pushing the envelope, the ass end is gonna slide out. Car wasn't running 100% either, but we'll get it sorted out. Not bad for a Lincoln, though. It wanted to push really bad through the esses. I had to slow to a crawl.

I'm thinking diesel might be interesting in the Tbird... big_smile

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT