Topic: Team LemonAid - An Iowa based team

Here's a link to our site.

www.lemonaidracing.com

We are hoping the tortoise and the hare analogy works out for us.  We being the tortoise..

We're slow... but reliable... hopefully.  smile

Our plans are to run laps for charity!!!

Hope to decorate the car like a big lemon (It's a Metro.. it has the shape already.)  Thick crappy yellow paint with lots of peel.  Then the kids at our charity will have full decorating duties. 

This is gonna be fun!

Hope to see everyone at MAM, and if we survive at Autobahn!

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Re: Team LemonAid - An Iowa based team

+1 for the name, +1,000,000 for the cause

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I hope so.  We've already have had considerable interest in helping out the ranch in out-right sponsorship and per-lap sponsorship, with 100% off all contributions going straight to Wildwood Hills Ranch.  Each of our drivers is funding the cost of the car, lodging and entry fees.  Some sponsors have helped to contribute safety items, but all go-fast money came from our pockets.

Honestly, we have really no chance to win anything, but we plan to raise lots of money and have an incredible time (assuming we're selected to participate).

At this point we already have a car that's completed 30+ very slow laps at Autobahn Country Club during an HPDE without a hiccup.  Cage is going in as we speak.  So... it's exciting to see it slowly come together over the last several months.

We just need to maximize our suspension and perfect our driving skills to make this car the best little 1.0L engined momentum car it can be.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Wow, you guys are actually doing something positive with this event instead of just blowing money like us. smile

Great cause, great website, car looks good too.

Post up in this thread:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 300#p53300

See you in August!

We too, will be running a metro at Autobahn. We tried to get some charities onboard, but they weren't interested. (shrugs) Perhaps because your car looks 10x better than ours.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360