Topic: My Stafford Springs pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snid/sets/ … 589987784/

Jason - ElCowMino lead off driver

2 (edited by towerymt 2010-07-27 04:15 PM)

Re: My Stafford Springs pics

How did you guys do in the race?

And how much weight was dropped by chopping the roof?

FastISH and the FURRiest 1991 Volvo 240 wagon
WV 13th, FL 8th (GRM), NJ 8th (B win), WV 4th (B win), NC 14th, NJ 14th, WV 62nd,  NH 17th, NY 54th
2012 Sears Point Outlaw...74th!

towerymt wrote:

How did you guys do in the race?

And how much weight was dropped by chopping the roof?

We wound up 6th this year. We lost most of our time when we had to finish removing the rear bumper that a couple of the other cars decided they wanted to run into.

We honestly haven't weighed the car before or after the roof removal, and haven't weighed the roof itself after we removed it.  It wasn't enough weight to make the car fast, that's for sure.  smile

4 (edited by brianremmers 2010-07-27 06:21 PM)

you were still in the top 10 all weekend though! that's nothing to scoff at!

As the Space Monkeys exemplified, it doesn't take a "fast" car to place well (especially at Stafford).

Are you all on the same drivetrain from last year,
or is it only us that has to swap engines before during and after each race.....??????

Manny
Elmo's revenge....

Mkotzias wrote:

or is it only us that has to swap engines before during and after each race.....??????

Manny
Elmo's revenge....

So far, still the same engine / trans / etc.  This was the third race for it (Stafford last year, Summit Point and Stafford this year).  We are thinking seriously about heading to Florida too.

brownMINI wrote:
Mkotzias wrote:

Manny
Elmo's revenge....

So far, still the same engine / trans / etc.  This was the third race for it (Stafford last year, Summit Point and Stafford this year).  We are thinking seriously about heading to Florida too.

Thinking about it too.
I don't know how the wallet will hold up.
Thats great that the same drive train held up....
we ran the same 3 races with mechanical problems at all 3.

Mkotzias wrote:
brownMINI wrote:
Mkotzias wrote:

Manny
Elmo's revenge....

Thinking about it too.

Engines...We have more important things to worry about. The bubble makers stopped working!

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:
Mkotzias wrote:
brownMINI wrote:

Thinking about it too.

Engines...We have more important things to worry about. The bubble makers stopped working!

see, someone has their priorities straight

Nice result!  I'm hoping to do the Florida race too in the cheetah volvo wagon.  I think the stock engine has over 200k miles and 60-70hr race time on it and it still felt very strong for a non-turbo B230F.

FastISH and the FURRiest 1991 Volvo 240 wagon
WV 13th, FL 8th (GRM), NJ 8th (B win), WV 4th (B win), NC 14th, NJ 14th, WV 62nd,  NH 17th, NY 54th
2012 Sears Point Outlaw...74th!