Topic: C/D Ten Best

I got the new issue today, and as usual they want some amusing stuff and some goofy stuff (best cellphone photo of a hamburger?).

This was in there under "Combination plate - Photo and/or Story":

10Best Track-Day Disasters
Have a great tale of a fellow club member going off backward into the shrubbery? Better yet, do you have incriminating photos of the blessed event? Share them with us.

They could have ten Lemons stories (possibly 10 from one race).  Anyways, if you want to submit, their e-mail is cd10best@caranddriver.com.

(If you pick it up, the "New Cars Issue", there is a column by John Phillips about Ginger Man owner Dan Schnitta where Schnitta complains about getting black flagged twice by SCCA marshals at his own track)

2 (edited by "Sparky" Pete 2010-08-03 10:54 PM)

Re: C/D Ten Best

dmoon wrote:

I got the new issue today, and as usual they want some amusing stuff and some goofy stuff (best cellphone photo of a hamburger?).

This was in there under "Combination plate - Photo and/or Story":

10Best Track-Day Disasters
Have a great tale of a fellow club member going off backward into the shrubbery? Better yet, do you have incriminating photos of the blessed event? Share them with us.

Hmmm... I'm not sure our backwards offroad excursion qualifies as a trackday event, but there *were* a few incriminating photos.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.