Topic: Roll Call - 384 Hours of Lemons

Who's in?

Skid Marks Racing 1995 Neon (burned piston four hours in to the last race at Gingerman).  Same team making the trip.

Skid Marks Racing, 1995 Neon #56
2009 CMP (12th); 2010 Gingerman I (DNF), Gingerman II (DNF), and Autobahn (1st); 2011 Gingerman I (2nd), Gingerman II (1st), Autobahn (11th), and ECR (20th); 2012 Gingerman (36th), Autobahn I (DNF), Road America (3rd), Autobahn II (1st), ECR (11th)
http://www.youtube.com/rpr302

Re: Roll Call - 384 Hours of Lemons

Did you get an acceptance for gingerman yet?

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

pending acceptance for both races Wisconsin Crap Racers are in for the 2 week double!

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

We're trying for both also.  Still waiting on the Gingerman acceptance.

Kartracer, do you guys run at Fast Times indoor on Keystone?  We should get a local Lemons meetup going there.

We're trying to get into both also. Pending acceptance for Gingerman.

The max temp last year was 50F...get out the thermals!

#25 BuckSnort Racing
09' Nelsons / 10' American Irony, Capitol Offense, Bull Oil, Blago / 11' Gingivitis, American Irony, Shootout
12' Gingivitis, Shootout, American Irony

Just got the formal acceptance.

Stevo, we haven't run Fast Times in a long time.  We used to frequent Racers at Union Station years ago, and that was our foray into racing.  We've put lots of laps in at Racers, Whiteland Raceway Park, New Castle, and Track Attack.

I'd be open to a kart fest on the northside, and I could probably get one or two of my Skid Marks Racing teammates to head out too.

Where are you guys located?  I am on the southside, another guy is in Broadripple, and another in Zionsville.

Ryan

2009 CMP (12th); 2010 Gingerman I (DNF), Gingerman II (DNF), and Autobahn (1st); 2011 Gingerman I (2nd), Gingerman II (1st), Autobahn (11th), and ECR (20th); 2012 Gingerman (36th), Autobahn I (DNF), Road America (3rd), Autobahn II (1st), ECR (11th)

We are in, but will only be going to gingerman.  Team is streched a bit thin on the financial side, and we are doing the ChumpCar at putnam, so 3 in 6 weeks would drive the spouses nuts.  Hope to see you all there.

Stevo, Kartracer, shoot me an email if either of you are planning on going karting at some point in the near future.  Would love to meet up.

Bloomington, IN
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Team Top Fool Elemonator got accepted today to Gingerman and plan to run both events.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

9 (edited by Dave 2010-08-03 05:38 AM)

Were in as long as we can find 2 more local drivers, Got acceptance to Gingerman

It Ain't My Fault

In for G man.  Out for chicago.  Trying to stay married.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Stevo's busy this morning so I'll note that our Indy-based Topless Asset car got in for Gingerman and we are excited to be competing for the Iron Balls Trophy as we will be at Chicago too. I'm trying to figure out how to convert the Cool Suit system to a Hot Seat system since the weather for Chicago will be anywhere from merely miserable to God-awful.

I won't be personally driving at Gingerman but will be driving in Joliet. Our combined teams are doing 3 races in 6 weeks: Houston, Gingerman, and Joliet. Then we will take the winter to try to repair our marital relationships. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Yes, we is in.

Davis, we would have done the (not-competing-with-Lemons-o-really) Chump race at Putnam but we have a couple of drivers going to the Houston Lemons race the same weekend.  Let us know how it goes!

OK, we need to get a Lemons karting session set up in Indy.  Will email you guys.

Mulry wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to convert the Cool Suit system to a Hot Seat system.

Get a bunch of those heat wraps for your back. The ones Shaq was advertising a few years ago. I think they are made by Icy-Hot. And those little glove warmers. Just keep them away from your balls:  They do get too hot, and you are strapped in.... Unless you like the smell of buring pubic hair.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

14 (edited by Mulry 2010-08-03 08:51 AM)

Stevo wrote:

OK, we need to get a Lemons karting session set up in Indy.

Fast Times will surely lock the doors if they see you rabble with your own racing suits and helmets and Lemons stickers come striding down the parking lot. Maybe karting plus bowling at the nearby and convenient Woodland Bowl?

Lemonade Time Racing wrote:

Unless you like the smell of buring pubic hair.

Well, let's not get into that. This isn't that kind of a forum. Yet.

I was thinking about something that would involve the hot side of a Peltier cooler. Or I guess we could route the heater bypass hoses through the firewall and onto a manifold bolted to the back of the driver's seat. But then there's no way to control the level of heat and that could get pretty uncomfortable. Maybe we heat up rocks in a campfire and submerge those in the cool suit cooler to keep the circulating water warm...

But the Icy-Hot wraps aren't a bad idea at all.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

15 (edited by davisriley 2010-08-03 10:40 AM)

Stevo wrote:

Yes, we is in.

Davis, we would have done the (not-competing-with-Lemons-o-really) Chump race at Putnam but we have a couple of drivers going to the Houston Lemons race the same weekend.  Let us know how it goes!

OK, we need to get a Lemons karting session set up in Indy.  Will email you guys.

I'll let you know.  Would rather have gone for the iron balls award, but there where a lot of friends and family that wanted to go to the closer one, so I was outvoted.  I'm in for karting.  Mulry, I have a bag for my stuff, so I can sneak it in.  Fast times will not know what hit them.  I would think that we would have more problems bowling in helmets.

Bloomington, IN

Mulry wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to convert the Cool Suit system to a Hot Seat system.

Get a bunch of those heat wraps for your back. The ones Shaq was advertising a few years ago. I think they are made by Icy-Hot. And those little glove warmers. Just keep them away from your balls:  They do get too hot, and you are strapped in.... Unless you like the smell of buring pubic hair.

Up here we find a very small radiator and run a couple of small  lines from the cooling system....you can find a rad just the right size under the dash when you strip out the interior....It may be possible to add a fan and some ducting, but I don't know if anyone has tried this...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

I was thinking about something that would involve the hot side of a Peltier cooler. Or I guess we could route the heater bypass hoses through the firewall and onto a manifold bolted to the back of the driver's seat. But then there's no way to control the level of heat and that could get pretty uncomfortable. Maybe we heat up rocks in a campfire and submerge those in the cool suit cooler to keep the circulating water warm...

We still have all our heater stuff in place, just not the dash to direct it..... or the windows to keep it in.

50 isn't too bad though, I'd rather be chilly at 50 then hot as hell at 90+ thats for sure.

Nelson wasn't too bad last year even in the fog, just do something totally crazy every few laps or so to keep your pulse up ;-)

rushman wrote:

50 isn't too bad though, I'd rather be chilly at 50 then hot as hell at 90+ thats for sure.

50 I'm not so worried about. 38 and rainy in a car with no roof and a pretty insignificant windshield, that concerns me. 8 of the last 10 years it has rained in Joliet on the weekend of the race there. Oy.

50 deg in the car is not chilly.  It's actually pretty comfy IMO

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

Hell, 50 is warmer than it was in the spring.  Iirc it was somewhere in the 40's and blowing pretty good when we were up there last time.

Bloomington, IN

The wind is what made it so damn cold last time.  Other than that it wasn't too terrible.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

After running CMP last fall in 95 degree heat, I'm with you guys:  I'll take 50 degrees any day.  Easier to warm up than cool down.

jimeditorial wrote:
Mulry wrote:

Up here we find a very small radiator and run a couple of small  lines from the cooling system....you can find a rad just the right size under the dash when you strip out the interior....It may be possible to add a fan and some ducting, but I don't know if anyone has tried this...

I saved a rear heat/ac unit out of a suburban I junked awhile  back just in case we needed to put some hot air on the windshield.

It Ain't My Fault