Topic: Team Irresponsible at Detroit Bull Oil Grand Prix

Greetings to the fellow Bull Oil racers.  I first read about the race 2 years ago and am now going to try it.  It is going to be a family thing.  I am very excited but nervous about all the firsts we will be trying.  One thing that I am interested is an info on the logistics at the race.  How is camping done, paddocks, pitting during the race etc. 
My team doesn't mind looking like idiots, but we don't want to impact others.  See you in October!

Re: Team Irresponsible at Detroit Bull Oil Grand Prix

Welcome, I was at Gingerman in the spring, had a blast. Some of our team camped at the track the rest of the team had hotels. This time we are staying at Lake side bluff suites. it looked like they have a "camp ground" setting by turn 1 but you can also camp at the paddock area. (beware, if a team next to you has a major repair you could be listing to air tools and compressors all night) The paddock is right along pit road, no advantage to pit at as you have to go around the whole paddock to reenter the race track. I believe you are allowed to change drivers on the hot pits, but this will be covered in the drivers meeting. Don't worry about looking like idiots, that's why we are there. If you bring pets or small children please keep them on short leashes. As Always if you need any help getting through tech on FRIDAY don't hesitate to come see me, hopefully ours will pass and I should be pitted close to tech. Everyone is pretty much friendly and will help out if able.
    Dave

It Ain't My Fault

Dave's right.  We stayed at a hotel last time, and will be camping this time.  Don't worry about looking like idiots, we all do.  That's part of the fun.  If you need help, let us know. See you there!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Isnt looking like an idiot part of the reason we do this?

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Being accepted while looking like an idiot is part of the reason we do this.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

Being accepted while looking like an idiot is part of the reason we do this.

Bingo! Winnar! Get that man his free AOL CD! smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Well, then we will fit in with all the other idiots!  Can't wait.

Dave wrote:

Welcome, I was at Gingerman in the spring, had a blast. Some of our team camped at the track the rest of the team had hotels. This time we are staying at Lake side bluff suites. it looked like they have a "camp ground" setting by turn 1 but you can also camp at the paddock area. (beware, if a team next to you has a major repair you could be listing to air tools and compressors all night) The paddock is right along pit road, no advantage to pit at as you have to go around the whole paddock to reenter the race track. I believe you are allowed to change drivers on the hot pits, but this will be covered in the drivers meeting. Don't worry about looking like idiots, that's why we are there. If you bring pets or small children please keep them on short leashes. As Always if you need any help getting through tech on FRIDAY don't hesitate to come see me, hopefully ours will pass and I should be pitted close to tech. Everyone is pretty much friendly and will help out if able.
    Dave

Lots of good points.

Especially the one about the animals.  Since one ran on the track at gingerman and tried to eat a couple of Lemons cars.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

rpone605 wrote:
Dave wrote:

Dave

Lots of good points.

Especially the one about the animals.  Since one ran on the track at gingerman and tried to eat a couple of Lemons cars.

Jay told me that one was a local stray, not one from the track.  I think it got adopted by one of the track workers.  Damn thing was faster than a lot of cars through 2 though.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!