Topic: New team from Orange County CA

Just picked up a car for the Dec 4,5 Lemons ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA 2010! Hopefully we will get accepted and will look forward to meeting you guys!
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/Riverguy553/BMWLEMON.jpg

Re: New team from Orange County CA

Got a theme yet?

Not yet just bought the car this morning after looking for 2 days.. All of us are going to sit down this weekend and get our bio's together and come up with are plans!

Are there any teams from Orange county?  Hopefully everything will go smooth!

Car details? How big of team, nice to see some teams coming up close by.

That's a nice looking BMW.

Maybe the theme could be:
"Dont hate/hit me because I'm BMW/beautiful.
Hate me 'cause I'm winning your nickles."

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

7 (edited by Riverguy553 2010-08-01 08:16 PM)

Found it on Craigslist got the Guy to go from $700 to $500. Its a 1984 633 CSI. 5 speed manual. Motor runs great I'm shocked on how good it runs and drives. Next week I'm going to start gutting the inside to make way for a cage and mastercraft seat. So far there is 4 drivers.

Riverguy553 wrote:

Its a 1984 633. 5 speed manual. Motor runs great

Cracked manifolds. Notorious. Just wait.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

there has been a few 6 series out there in the past.....including some super cool ones like Uber-Bird

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

mackwagon wrote:
Riverguy553 wrote:

Its a 1984 633. 5 speed manual. Motor runs great

Cracked manifolds. Notorious. Just wait.

Exahust or Intake??

Exhaust. Unless your 633 has a mondo blower on the front of it.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Moonlighting theme?

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

I'm in Fullerton.  Let me know if you guys have any questions.  We're running our third race this weekend.

#117 - The Fat And The Furious Big Boy Miata & Big Boy Metro-Gnome

YesIFit wrote:

Moonlighting theme?

Ah, memories of Maddie Hayes and an e24. Things were so perfect and idyllic back then...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Im thinking of making the drive up there to meet some people and check out what its all about. We got a team concept so now its time to gut the car and fab the cage up. Just waiting on the seat and seatbelts.

Mulry wrote:
YesIFit wrote:

Moonlighting theme?

Ah, memories of Maddie Hayes and an e24. Things were so perfect and idyllic back then...

Other than the cold war threat of nuclear annihilation, pretty much yeah.  WOLVERINES!

17 (edited by Riverguy553 2010-08-03 03:35 PM)

So today i gutted about 90% of the inside.. Still have more to go ran out of time.. Still need to come up with a theme..

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/Riverguy553/BMWLEMON1.jpg

18 (edited by Riverguy553 2010-08-10 07:05 PM)

Car is completely gutted! Was able to sell a ton of parts. Waiting to put the roll cage in now! So is it hard to get excepted to the race? We got our team name and concept all picked out!!

Riverguy553 wrote:

Car is completely gutted! Was able to sell a ton of parts. Waiting to put the roll cage in now! So is it hard to get excepted to the race? We got our team name and concept all picked out!!

We've found that bribes can be as effective at this stage as they are at BS...  Of course it helps that we can drive our 'application package' to Lemons hq, but I'm sure Fedex will work too.  Just skip the fireworks if you're shipping.