Topic: Thank you to everyone and sorry we were SO damn slow! BROverloadRacing

Hello All,

We just wanted to say thanks for a great weekend. This was our first race so we weren't entirely sure what to expect. Needless to say we had a great time.

Other than the fact we couldn't get the car to rev past 4000 and had a top speed of about 72 (damn CIS-E) we had a reasonably successful first go... A slow radiator and oil leak couldn't keep the bone stock 8v from kicking and the little Jetta kept plugging around the track. 273 laps later we ended up in 33rd!  We didn't even get to the penalty box, I guess that is the only advantage of being so underpowered, we couldn't even get ourselves into trouble.

So thanks again to Jay and all the Lemons crew for organizing the event, thanks to the track workers for keeping us safe and thanks to all the other teams for not punting our slow arses off the track (i am sure you all felt like it)!

Hopefully we will see you all at Buttonwillow and we promise to be going a little faster by then!

-All the BROs at BROverload Racing!

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/BROverloadRacing/BROverload.jpg

Re: Thank you to everyone and sorry we were SO damn slow! BROverloadRacing

Glad you guys had a good time, you guys may have been slow out there but consistency is what counts - Team Dai Hard finished one position behind you, on the same lap even, and our fast lap time was about 25 seconds better than yours. With that kind of reliability (from a VW even!) and your CIS setup properly you guys should do well at the next race.

And I'll take this opportunity to thank you and your drivers for courteously moving to the side when faster cars approached you, it really makes a difference smile

More than you can afford, pal. Daihatsu.
AFAP TH '09 - 95th
ASAP TH '10 - 34th - 1st Class C "Ugly"

Nicely done.

We saw you turning laps.
I'll trade laps for the penalty box.
( we were there three times )

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

yeah, nice job.

I'll trade laps for engine swaps.
(we were there three times)

Still think it's 'cause your CIS-e isn't going into open-loop...

Look fwd to seeing you next time!

At least you weren't the slowest! I had a great fun joust with one of you, which rather made my weekend.

Chris (of slowest team - I don't think I need to spell out which one)

pugwonk wrote:

At least you weren't the slowest! I had a great fun joust with one of you, which rather made my weekend.

Chris (of slowest team - I don't think I need to spell out which one)

Ha Ha i think that was me... I was determined to get past you but took about 5-6 laps will all the traffic and flags. 

We were reasonably quick through the corners until it came time to put the power down.

We plan to do some testing and tuning before the next race, we were just happy to have a running car that could get around the track (that wasn't the case a few weeks ago) Now that we have some time till buttonwillow so we can fully troubleshoot the CIS-E.

Thanks again!

-T