1 (edited by Davidmgbv8 2010-07-01 02:15 PM)

Topic: Yehaw Texas Courtesy Tech Pre Inspection

Time is fast shrinking till the September at MSR in Houston.  I know of several new teams building cars. I will be offering an open house to pre tech your wonderful race cars.  This should give people 4 good weeks before the race, to make corrections and modifications to pass tech at the track.  Again, you would still have to go through and pass tech at track..  Remember this is about saftey only.  This will have nothing to do with BS judging.   There is no graft or corruption involved here.  There will be a expert in cage construction available for advice.   This will be held on the North West side of Houston on Saturday Aug 14th from 9am till.   It is being held 10030 Talley Ln, Houston TX 77041.  Please RSVP  Thanks, David

Re: Yehaw Texas Courtesy Tech Pre Inspection

David,

This is nice to see.

Thank you,

Troy

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

What a great idea. Every noob (and I'm sure some of us vets too) in that area should take him up on that.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Sounds like a good idea.
I'll be there, but no guarantee my car will be.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

That is great you are doing this, we sure could have used some input and direction before the first race. Lemons people are the best.

2008  Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas - DarthBimmer; 2009 Houston Gator-O-Rama - Beermer; 2009  Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas - Jewish Defense League BMW; 2010 Houston Gator-O-Rama - SwampJews from Hell; 2010 Houston Yee-Haw Texas - JDL - JEGS....errrr JEWS; 2011 Houston Gator-O-Rama - B Team - IOE Winner!; 2011 Houston Yee-Haw - Los Escorpions de Munich; 2012 TWS Yee-Haw Texas - B-Team - Dr. StrangeBenz

Bump

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

This may be an odd question, but in the past some of the racing series have allowed you to tech before the race, and not have to mess with it weekend of.

Is this a tech for the race, or just a courtesy check-up before real tech at the event?

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

This is great, many thanks, I hope we will be there with the car for your advice!!!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

Ok David, I have this M3 sedan with an automatic....

mikespeed95 wrote:

This may be an odd question, but in the past some of the racing series have allowed you to tech before the race, and not have to mess with it weekend of.

Is this a tech for the race, or just a courtesy check-up before real tech at the event?

Mike Peters
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

Mike, it is not an early tech, it is just advice for noobs.

Again, you would still have to go through and pass tech at track..  Remember this is about saftey only. David

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I would think that this is just a courtesy check, not the full meal deal. (I believe that the Lemons staff brings the "Good Enough" stickers with them to the track on the weekend of the event, with all the swag and other accoutrements, ... they're not available beforehand.)

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Guess I overlooked that.  Was just thinking it'd be nice to unload/setup/chill in the air conditioning at the track before the race started.

Mike Peters

I need to shake down my car in the next week or two. My car drives on and off a trailer just fine, but I need to fling it sideways to see what breaks.

Does anyone know of a large abandon parking lot in the northwest side of town?

Side of town, location, Texas...lol.

Mike Peters

mikespeed95 wrote:

Side of town, location, Texas...lol.

Northwest Houston...
My car is in Cypress, about 10 minutes from where the pre-tech will be held

David.....just wanted to confirm you got my email..we'd like to come up for a pre inspection tomorrow.....what sort of time is best for you?

Thanks

Mark

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

So how many cars gonna be there tomorrow? I might could swing by around lunch to visit or after 4pm. Work sucks......