1 (edited by vizlvr 2010-08-14 09:15 AM)

Topic: Track Test Days

We'd like to get in a few more test/track days prior to our next race (and after we rebuild or replace our engine) and noticed that several tracks have open 'test' days on Fridays that are relatively cheap.  My question is would a Lemons car be allowed at things like this? Anyone ever taken their Lemons car to an open track test day?  I'm concerned that the other cars will be formula/race series cars that are orders of magnitude faster (both the car itself and the drivers) and we'd be a dangerous annoyance?

Import Alloy Racing
The Little Red Poorvette

Re: Track Test Days

All tracks have different rules.
The track here in Utah (Miller Motor Sports) only allows Licensed, registered vehicles
on open track days.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

3 (edited by vizlvr 2010-08-14 10:40 AM)

Looking at Thunderhill, Buttonwillow and Willow Springs I only see THill has specific requirements listed on their website (comp. license etc.). Of course we would contact the track for specifics first but just wondering if anyone had experience with these kind of testing days.

Import Alloy Racing
The Little Red Poorvette

The guys from Evil Genius racing might know.
They are out of Davis California.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

vizlvr wrote:

Looking at Thunderhill, Buttonwillow and Willow Springs I only see THill has specific requirements listed on their website (comp. license etc.). Of course we would contact the track for specifics first but just wondering if anyone had experience with these kind of testing days.

Sign up for thunderhill's mailing list - they run a lot of open test days, and have generally been happy to let Lemons cars in.  To put your mind at ease a little bit, you were running with 100+ cars at any given time out there last weekend, whereas an open test day may have you out with a few dozen cars at a time, often far less.  Even if they are a lot faster, they can go around you ;-)