Topic: going to build a rwd out of a fwd

Can I place the fuel cell in the front where the engine was???

If its not broke fix it till it is...

Re: going to build a rwd out of a fwd

yes
Just make it super clean looking for tech.

Rules
# 3.18: Fuel Bulkhead: The fuel-tank area must be totally separated from the driving compartment. For example, if the fuel tank is in the trunk area, any openings between the trunk and the cockpit must be permanently sealed with bolted, riveted, or welded metal panels. OE fuel tanks that are separate from, and located completely below, the trunk floor or rear-cabin floor are acceptable. If the fuel tank can't be completely separated from the cockpit by metal panels, a metal-encased, FIA-certified fuel cell with all related compliant fittings must be used.
# 3.19: Fuel, Oil, and Coolant Lines in the Cockpit: Any fuel, oil, or coolant lines that pass through the driving compartment must be encased by heavy-duty conduit, durable steel or aluminum pipe, or strong metal plate. OE metal lines in good condition in their original location are exempt from this rule, but encasement is still recommended.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Exactly what we did with we switched from FF to RR.

As LTR there said, make sure your firewall is clean and sealed up tight.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Big Ford van tank and you may not need to fuel once.

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

Modelwerks wrote:

Big Ford van tank and you may not need to fuel once.

Per Rule 3.25, 24 gallons is the maximum size non-OE tank size permitted. So he might have to refuel once. Overnight. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Can we see any pics of the fwd to rwd?

7 (edited by TheHeckler 2010-08-05 07:14 AM)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_iKh_q_zglQU/S_noO_Sm0pI/AAAAAAAAAlM/9BPNnH-sICM/s800/CIMG1730.JPG

OSHA would be proud...

I am quite surprised I didn't hurt myself rushing to finish this for the Eagles Canyon race.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

This will be built for next season......not telling what I'm using or what its going in....

04crx wrote:

This will be built for next season......not telling what I'm using or what its going in....

CRX?

nope