Topic: Need a ruling on my fuel cell vent

My fuel cell vent has an AN8 fitting and an internal check valve in the event of a rollover.  The cell is non-FIA but is enclosed in it's own metal box to separate it from the interior.  Do I need to run a fitting and braided hose from the vent to the exterior of the car?  The base of where the cell sits is vented after we made four "corners" in the round spare tire well. 

Thanks!

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

Re: Need a ruling on my fuel cell vent

Get the proper fitting and make a vent, and the vent exit should be above the the tank.  The check valve won't prevent siphoning if the vent is below the fuel level (I know this).  You can probably skip the braided hose if you don't have any extra.

(I am not an official and this is my opinion.  I have an unbraided vent hose above the tank with a fuel filter on the end to keep crud out, YMMV in tech)

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Also, even though it has a rollover valve, make the hose go up and across to the opposite side and back down below the tank so that in any position even with an open / broken / stuck valve it cannot drain the tank onto the track.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

I like to put three loops in it also.