Topic: Pit Crew

Can people who are not a part of my team (officially part of pit crew) still help wrench on the car? I don't want to be a cheater or nothin.

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

Re: Pit Crew

Yes & No. If you don't have team wrist band, you can not touch a car. If it is a member froma different team, they have a wrist band but not part of your team; they can still wrench on your car.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

3 (edited by T-Money645 2010-08-20 11:42 AM)

Thats what I needed to know. Thanks! It would be nice if they created a position that would allow someone to wrench, but not to be involved in refueling or anything else in the hot pits for a reduced price. Just a thought I had.

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

I actually think that is what most pit crews do.  To work in the hot pits they need to basically have the same safety equipment as the drivers.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

T-Money645 wrote:

Thats what I needed to know. Thanks! It would be nice if they created a position that would allow someone to wrench, but not to be involved in refueling or anything else in the hot pits for a reduced price. Just a thought I had.

Non-driving team members are $75
They can do everything but drive.
Spectators are (I don't remember) $35, & all they can do is watch.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Spectators $30 at Summit and NPR and they can eat the BBQ and drink the beer (only after the race sessions are over) but during the sessions they can point & laugh at the magnificent and amazing skills of the driving team ..... in the box.

Watching our Crew work on our car was a sight !! blown clutch and a cooked from caliper .... 90 minutes to get the trans and broken clutch out, the new clutch in, tranny back in, calipers replaced and brakes bled and the car back on track.  And they cleaned the windshield.

They EARNT the scotch that night.

you guys have pit crews that helped out!?!?!?
ours just watched the race and ate our food....

Paluck
Rooster Juice Racing
Bay Area, CA

Pit crew?  What the hell is that?  I think that's me, as captain, pit chief, transportation manager, truck driver, gas fetcher, cook, accommodations director, and chief wallet.  But at the end of the weekend, it's always worth it.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

We had 6 drivers and 5 crew .... I think smile  We'd never meet each other till the race, and we had a great time.  When we broke the car the Crew just got stuck in and worked.