Topic: Seat mounting bolts

I read the rules, and although I see where we need Grade 8 hardware for the harness and roll cage, does anyone know if there is a minimum requirement on the attachment hardware for the seat to the frame of the car?  The only thing I see in the rules for seat attachment is:

"All seats must be very securely mounted to the floor or cage to avoid separation during a crash. "

It doesn't stipulate a minimum grade for seat attachment hardware, and I want to nail it down so we don't have problems during tech inspection.

-Eric
Team Dead Presidents
MR2 President Yee-Haw Lemons Texas 2010 (Yes, it WAS bouncing up and down the WHOLE time!)

Re: Seat mounting bolts

When in doubt use grade 8 hardware.  Also, don't "nail it down" this could lead to failing tech. LOL.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

Use Grade 8 hardware and make sure to use large load washers, at least 3" diameter, on the underside of the floor. You can fabricate these from sheet steel as necessary, you just don't want the bolts being able to rip through the floor in an impact.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Try the best you can to use factory bolts / holes. The are already reinforced and crash tested. If you must drill a hole and use washers, use a larger washer on one side and slightly smaller washer on the other.

If you use the same size washer on both sides, you create a sheer point under Gs.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John