Topic: Even if we never finish a single lap...

Man, I have to tip my hat to this series and all the people that make it happen. Our band of misfits all agreed about 3 weeks ago to field an entry into the New Year's event. Since then we've had a ball. Every weekend and most weeknights I have several of my buddies over to help on the car. Hammering, cutting, pounding, stripping, welding - at midnight last night I had to kick everyone out so I could at least say 'hey' to the wife on a Friday night. (she's been a trooper about all of this too - we'll see how long that lasts)

Even if the car blows up unloading from the trailer it's been worth all the work so far.

Nice job Lemons!!!!

Kyle
Team ExperiMENTALS

2010 23.4 Horas de Cuba del Norte

Re: Even if we never finish a single lap...

Kyle wrote:

Man, I have to tip my hat to this series and all the people that make it happen. Our band of misfits all agreed about 3 weeks ago to field an entry into the New Year's event. Since then we've had a ball. Every weekend and most weeknights I have several of my buddies over to help on the car. Hammering, cutting, pounding, stripping, welding - at midnight last night I had to kick everyone out so I could at least say 'hey' to the wife on a Friday night. (she's been a trooper about all of this too - we'll see how long that lasts)

Even if the car blows up unloading from the trailer it's been worth all the work so far.

Nice job Lemons!!!!

This is why Lemons is awesome.  It's all we talk about.

We have exactly four car days left before the Houston race, and we're screwed.  But we don't care.  The car will run... just not well.  wink

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Kyle,
Our first race we worked all night the night before the race on the car.  The pressure plate grenaded unloading it from the trailer, and we had to push our car threw the pits.  Hammer the clutch release so we could get the car to idle to tech the kill switch.  Went to Houston and got new parts and had it on the track that afternoon.  The first race was by far the most memorable one.  We even won and award. 
Stay with it.  You guys will have a blast.

Organizer's Choice Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 08', DNF Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 09'
Ugly Class 3 Winner Houston Gator-o-Rama  10', Ugly Class 3 Winner BFE Colorado 10', Ugly Class 3 Winner Texas World Speedway 12, We got Screwed Winner ECR 14', Barely Finished MSR 14' took a few years off but trying like hell for IOE in 2017!

4 (edited by Bender/StickFigureRacing 2010-08-28 02:20 PM)

Blew a transmission and the engine during Test and Tune. 0 laps at Reno DNF but we still had a blast.
That was our first official race. we have raced six since then.
Damn I hate this drug called Lemons it's so addictive.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

doctawife wrote:

We have exactly four car days left before the Houston race, and we're screwed.  But we don't care.  The car will run... just not well.  wink

Wait SAY WHAT?

I think the race is the weekend of the 11th making it almost 2 weeks away...

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

TheHeckler wrote:
doctawife wrote:

Wait SAY WHAT?

I think the race is the weekend of the 11th making it almost 2 weeks away...

Ummm..... She said "four Cars days left" I thought the same thing when I read it.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

2 saturdays 2 sundays .. 4 days .... 96 hours ...

I was down to the last minutes getting ours done.  The first time it ever ran was pulling into the trailer.  Good thing, the RustOleum was not dry yet, I could not have pushed it in.  I hit the road for the 8 hour trip 11:00 the night before.  As soon as we unloaded it was all worth it.

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

Doug I wrote:

2 saturdays 2 sundays .. 4 days .... 96 hours ...

The race is about two weeks away, but that doesn't mean we have to weeks of time to work on the car.  If things get too desperate, we might be able to squeeze in a couple more nighttime car sessions.  At the moment, the car's front is up on blocks, so "too desperate" might be approaching faster than I'd like.

Dang.

It doesn't matter, tho.  We'll race... poorly.  (Provided we get the front wheels back on.  Details, details!)

Oh, and Modelwerks?  Rustoleum is the bestest evar Lemons paint.  Bestest!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

doctawife wrote:

Oh, and Modelwerks?  Rustoleum is the bestest evar Lemons paint.  Bestest!

I'm partial to the 5 gallons of 'liberated' runway striping paint we got to paint the Dauphine.  It's high visibility AND high traction.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Red Mini was a one-week car.
Really. (The cage was already in and the car was almost a roller - needed brake lines steering column, et al)
I worked from sunrise 'til 'round 2am, and around a two day/week weird paid-work schedule... Sleep is for sissies.
Noted, our mistake was not having time to pull apart and sanitize the junkyard engine - it was full of rust-dust which then filled and bypassed the oil filter inside of three laps... AND we had done three oil changes with motor-flush before that!
Rebuilt using stuff made-to-be on hand with lots of crew driving to-and-fro' overnight.
Sum total 19 laps logged, ten lap penalty for bringing a race car to a knife fight, so accordingly had only 9 laps officially logged, for a tie with Corn-Huligans in DFL. AND we had the slowest lap times posted.
~but they had five engines apart to our three to make ONLY nine laps, so won the persistence-don't-count-but-gets-noticed award. (Snivel and whine)

What could possibly go wrong?