Topic: Bad weather visibility

Does anyone use just Rain-X? How does that work for ya?

Someone stole my wiper arms, and I'm debating new arm vs Rain-X vs any other suggestions.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Re: Bad weather visibility

I've done the just Rain-X before and its so so.  If you're stopped in the pits it will gather a bit giving you a harder time seeing while you're on your way up to speed.  But it is less annoying in my opinion than wipers.  I have noticed though that depending on where you live the rain will take it off fairly quick.  When I was in florida we had bad acid rain and it would basically wash the rain-x off in an hour.

Meh. I've used Rain-X on and off over the years. Sometimes it works better than others, probably related to glass condition and how thorough I am with buffing the glass after the application.

If I were you, I'd go get one junkyard arm (driver's side only) and use Rain-X too. Belt and suspenders, but bad viz in the rain is a surefire way to an off and a black flag.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Thanks, Pat.
How sad is it when someone takes non-performance parts off a race car?
I guess it justifies the demand for the parts on my car. I should have charged more for the parts I did sell.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

No kidding. I was hearing the other day that folks are breaking into the back of Suburbans and Tahoes and stealing the third-row seat because it can fetch up to $1500(!) on the black market and GM doesn't sell them separate and apart from the vehicle itself. And to think that there are times when I've had mine out of the truck and just sitting out on the driveway for weeks at a time.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

there's a "black market" for GM SUV third-row seats?

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Mulry wrote:

... And to think that there are times when I've had mine out of the truck and just sitting out on the driveway for weeks at a time.

Ah, the law school days ... my buddy and I sitting on the third row out of my Expedition, sitting on top of the tool box of our F350 (with brats on the hibachi in the bed), backed up to fence at the "Run What Ya Bring" night at Texas Raceway in Kennedale. Good times.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Wipers work better than Rain-x. If it rains hard enough Rain-x is OK. It makes for big beads of water that roll off the windshield. Drizzle stuff is not so good with Rain-x. And you have to be going more than 60mph for it to work.

Buzz Killington wrote:

there's a "black market" for GM SUV third-row seats?

Yup. Here's the first article I could find on Google about it, and the prices are quite different than in the piece I heard on the radio the other day, but the idea is the same:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/T … wxZYQ.cspx