Topic: Car numbers

In the rules it states there must be a number on the hood.  What if we don't have a hood?  I've seen pictures of other cars running without a hood, is this ok to just have the numbers on both sides and the roof?

Re: Car numbers

mk1spyder wrote:

In the rules it states there must be a number on the hood.  What if we don't have a hood?  I've seen pictures of other cars running without a hood, is this ok to just have the numbers on both sides and the roof?

Yes.  They need to revise the language there.  I'd say 95% of the cars have their number on the roof, not the hood.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

The roof is okay:

3.17: Car Numbers: Numbers must be shown on both sides, and also the hood or roof.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Da roof, da roof.

sergio wrote:

Da roof, da roof.

How about flaming numbers on the roof?  That would be epic!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! We don't need no water let the muthafuffa burn!

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! We don't need no water let the muthafuffa burn!

Exactly

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

8 (edited by Spank 2010-09-07 04:02 PM)

And if there are no hood, roof, or doors? (I'm being serious...)

Ok, well it did have a hood from the factory, but we didn't get it. Will fab something up.

For you visual people:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Apollo_15_Lunar_Rover_final_resting_place.jpg

You'd better slap some surface on there somewhere that is at least 12" tall for numbering.  I don't think that they'll let you run without numbers.  How else are they going to know who to black flag?

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

You'll probably want quite a bit more than 12" worth of numbering - especially if you're putting a panel on JUST for the numbers. That would suck to get black flagged for it being illegible and not be able to make it bigger without welding.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

We were supposed to have numbers on our hood or roof? Oops. We did have extremely legible numbers on the sides, maybe that helped.

methinks if that's your lemon, you may need to come up with a good way to replace batteries very very quickly wink

EriktheAwful wrote:

We were supposed to have numbers on our hood or roof? Oops. We did have extremely legible numbers on the sides, maybe that helped.

I think it's less of a concern when you are driving a Shaguar that is painted like the British flag. Or a MR2 with a freaking clown wig on the roof. Or the USS Enterprise. The black flag police don't have a hard time identifying the unique cars.