1 (edited by soldmystang 2010-09-08 08:23 AM)

Topic: Lodging options - Miami Race?

anyone have some local insight?  i have found several chain hotels in Jupiter /Jupter Beach.

also looked at some condo / house rentals for the week.

one condo ad said "no pick-up trucks allowed"  WTF?

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Re: Lodging options - Miami Race?

Yeah, the no pickup truck thing is sort of common, one of the major builders in the area thinks that pickups lower property values, so they don't want them unless you park in a garage.  Needless to say, I didn't buy one of their homes!

Anyway, I grew up here in Jupiter, so I'll try to help out. 

The closest hotel is 15-20 min. from the track.  Most of the hotels are grouped close to I95 and Indiantown Rd., I95 and Donald Ross Rd., and I95 and PGA Blvd.

If you want the beach experience, I'd recommend looking at Singer Island (approx. 30 mins from track).  There are hotels on the beach in Jupiter, but they're pricey.

I'm not sure what's out there as far as house/condo rentals go.  But, if you find something I can let you know what kind of neighborhood it is (and whether you really want to rent there).

Anyway, hope this helps.

Floridiot wrote:

If you want the beach experience, I'd recommend looking at Singer Island (approx. 30 mins from track).  There are hotels on the beach in Jupiter, but they're pricey.

Use to vacation to the Tahiti Motel on the island every year. Private putting green, heated pools, and beach front. It was awesome until it was crushed to put in a condo highrise.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Floridiot wrote:

Yeah, the no pickup truck thing is sort of common, one of the major builders in the area thinks that pickups lower property values, so they don't want them unless you park in a garage.  Needless to say, I didn't buy one of their homes!

Anyway, I grew up here in Jupiter, so I'll try to help out. 

The closest hotel is 15-20 min. from the track.  Most of the hotels are grouped close to I95 and Indiantown Rd., I95 and Donald Ross Rd., and I95 and PGA Blvd.

I'm not sure what's out there as far as house/condo rentals go.  But, if you find something I can let you know what kind of neighborhood it is (and whether you really want to rent there).

Anyway, hope this helps.

i've actually stayed on Singer Island, timeshare swap.  unfortunately i can't find any exchanges available for the dates of the race.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36