1 (edited by paul revere 2010-09-05 09:05 AM)

Topic: Judges reaction to?

So how would the judges react if we "required" one of their team to sing karaoke before they were allowed the "privledge of BS inspecting our Jap Crap?  Anyone on the staff would work -  Nick,  Jay, the arc angel, judge Phil?    It would fit in with our new theme -  but i really don't want a judge pizzed at me before we start!
Paul revere

Re: Judges reaction to?

If Judge Jonny were still around...him and Phil would have a field day of punishment with you.

But then again that's just a guess....it may work out..it may not.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

paul revere wrote:

So how would the judges react if we "required" one of their team to sing karaoke before they were allowed the "privledge of BS inspecting our Jap Crap?  Anyone on the staff would work -  Nick,  Jay, the arc angel, judge Phil?    It would fit in with our new theme -  but i really don't want a judge pizzed at me before we start!
Paul revere

Me thinks you would have a long wait in the inspection line...

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Why would you punish your fellow racers like that?

Sober people should not be allowed to sing karaoke, much less be asked to listen to it.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I think it's brilliant, and nothing bad could possibly happen to your team.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

We'd have to send over our Chief Mechanic.

He is deaf and does not speak.  But he's a great guy and
a damn good wrench!

Looking forward to Houston -- if for no other reason
to stop spending countless hours in the shop!

m

7 (edited by Mulry 2010-09-07 05:49 AM)

Well, I'd love to see you try. But unless you are at the very end of the tech/BS line for the day, it's not a great idea. Everybody's trying to rush through there (judges included) because at a track like MSR-H, we're probably going to have 140ish cars that have to get tech'd and judged in 5 hours. Since they are typically running 2 tech/BS lanes at a time, that means that each lane has to see, on average, 14 cars an hour, or about 4 minutes per car for 5 hours straight. So any competitor-caused delay in judging may not be warmly received.

But like I said, I'd love to see it. "Judge Phil Sings Barry White's Greatest Hits" would draw quite a crowd.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

8 (edited by Buzz Killington 2010-09-07 09:26 AM)

Trevor57 wrote:

I think it's brilliant, and nothing bad could possibly happen to your team.

agreed.  don't listen to any of these other people; they are simply trying to get a leg up on you by handicapping your theme idea.

i don't think you will have any problems, and in fact this will very likely help you avoid BS laps altogether.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Inspecting your cheaty-ass car is a (somewhat distasteful) duty, not a privilege (unless you're driving an IOE contender), so making us jump through hoops in order to do so isn't such a great idea.

However, we'd love to have some karaoke gear for use in penalties during the race. Perhaps a Get Out Of Penalty Box Free card might be arranged for the team that loaned us such gear.

Instead of making them you should forbid them from singing songs with your karaoke machine.  You need to use a little reverse psychology on them.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Judge Phil wrote:

Inspecting your cheaty-ass car is a (somewhat distasteful) duty, not a privilege (unless you're driving an IOE contender), so making us jump through hoops in order to do so isn't such a great idea.

However, we'd love to have some karaoke gear for use in penalties during the race. Perhaps a Get Out Of Penalty Box Free card might be arranged for the team that loaned us such gear.

What might actually be fun to see is if the karaoke gear was a permanet part of the car and they would be required to come in every time someone got a black flag.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

How about free pet monkeys?

Ottobon wrote:

How about free pet monkeys?

I like it.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."