Topic: Seat Belt Bolts

Could anybody tell me where you find grade 8- 3/8 bolts for the seat belts?

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Re: Seat Belt Bolts

Often you can find them at better hardware stores (the big-box stores had drawers for them but often I found them empty). We ended up doing the clip-in stuff with eyebolts like the stuff Lemons HQ sells through the "store" link.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Lowe's had better fasteners than Home Depot. 

Sears Hardware (now/again) and Ace have a good fastener selection.  They are a bit closer for me too.

Many small hardware stores are good. 

Fastenal can help and probably Grainger.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/prod … &Nty=0

Do yourself a favor - find your local fastenel location, drive over there, and buy a damned box. They really, really aren't all that much more expensive than regular bolts (and considering Home Depot manages to charge you like $1.50/bolt for pure garbage, you're getting a deal anyway)

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

thanks for the help guys I had called several different stores before finding them at the local True Value Hardware down the road, they were very helpful, and got me just what I needed. Hope to see you guys at the track. Steve

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

So long as we're listing hardware supplies in this thread, don't forget McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com). They have freaking everything and their shipping is cheap and very prompt.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

If McMaster carried food I wouldn't have to shop anywhere else.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

Farm supply stores are a good bet.

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

9 (edited by Dave 2010-09-16 06:51 AM)

I use my local PROFESSIONAL auto parts store (not auto zone, advanced,pep boyz,ect)

It Ain't My Fault

Dave wrote:

I use my local PROFESSIONAL auto parts store (not auto zone, advanced,pep boyz,ect)

I'd love it if that were a good option for me, but I can order parts and hardware from McMaster while sitting on my brain at the office. Much easier to maintain a stealthy Lemons habit that way than with frequent leave-the-office trips to a distant (but entertaining) part of town. YMMV.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I <3 Tractor Supply...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

T-Money645 wrote:

YesIFit wrote:

I <3 Tractor Supply...

Yeah, once I learned that Tractor supply sold their grade 8 by the pound there was no reason to shop anywhere else.  Load up a bag full of nuts bolts and washers and its probably still cheaper than just buying a few at Lowes Depot.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

st_rage wrote:

T-Money645 wrote:

I'm so glad these were posted sequentially.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

JThw8 wrote:
T-Money645 wrote:

YesIFit wrote:

I <3 Tractor Supply...

Yeah, once I learned that Tractor supply sold their grade 8 by the pound there was no reason to shop anywhere else.  Load up a bag full of nuts bolts and washers and its probably still cheaper than just buying a few at Lowes Depot.

!? Tractor supply has fasteners? And sells them by the pound? They must be hidden back behind the pesticides where I never bother going.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Tractor Supply has bolts and fenders and all sorts of things you need to build a Lemons car.  50% of the purchased bits on the Dauphine came from TS.

In monst of them, across from the bolt bins are little bins full of every bearing, bushing, fitting or doohickey you can imagine needing to keep an old tractor running.  Perfect for a Lemons car.  If you look you might even find propeller bushings. smile

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Tractor Supply was our backup, but Blaine's Farm and Fleet had better rates on hardware than TSC. Man, I can't count how many times we went to Blaine's this summer.

st_rage wrote:

X2.  If MMC doesn't have it you don't need it.  Since I'm in NC (nearest warehouse is in GA) I usually get parts the next day w/o getting rapped on shipping.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!