1 (edited by Markdas 2010-09-14 07:59 AM)

Topic: Yee Haw Race Thanks!

What an amazing weekend and experience.....I guess all first time Lemoners feel as out of their depth as we do but man were we unprepared for the event and the heat!  We had a mixture of Brits, Americans and Canadians in our team and we had a blast!

A special thanks to John at Hoonatic racing for helping us get our roll cage installed - its a pity you didn't get your own car through inspection John!!!  Great last lap though!

Also thanks to the E30 team who helped us out with our two broken engine mounts!  We exchanged a lower control arm for two engine mounts! thanks guys!

The Jews BMW 2002 who gave us a spark plug lead on day 2!  Cheers guys!

A big hand to the great looking E30 Bat Mobile that unfortunately overheated but donated their coolant tank cap to us.....if you need it back guys, let me know!

The gentleman with the Mustang powered E30 who loaned us two bolts when I was going to make some wooden enginge mounts!  Thank you, I still have the bolts and will happily send them back to you or pay you for them!

We had to do a head gasket change at the end of day 1, which allowed us to carry on.....still with overheating issues on day 2 but givng the head a 4th torgue at 85 f/lbs did the trick!!!

Thanks to everyone else for being so friendly, the organisers for not being too harsh....except the last two hours when they seem to have found a box full of Black Flags to wave!

Thanks from all the team members of Pulp Friction - Aluminium Silver Gull Wing E30!!!  Come on November 21st!!!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

Re: Yee Haw Race Thanks!

Thank you for bring your Volcano into the penalty box.

Thankfully there was an over abundance of virgin drivers to sacrifice to get your car back on track.

Justice...with a smile.

Thanks MSR, workers, flaggers and whoever I missed.

Pistols for Pandas:  1988 beat to hell RX-7
Big Wheels Racing: 1985 beat to hell RX-7

lol......that was head gasket blow No2! But we didn't give up.....she finished and we'll get her to New Orleans too!  A big hand to all the track staff and judges etc....brilliant event!  Sorry for the volcanic erruption!!!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

5 (edited by rickp 2010-09-13 03:12 PM)

I'll throw in my $.02 as well.  Many thanks to the excellent staff at MSR, especially the corner workers out there in the muggy heat keeping us all safe.  Thanks to the judges who penalized me for spinning out in the bucking bronco of an mr2 I was driving, and thanks to Jay for putting this race together.

Special thanks to Toxic Asset Racing.  Without you guys lending us parts and experience, we would not have been able to run this race.  Congrats on your win of the Organizer's Award.

I would also like to thank everybody driving their cars back from houston on I45 sunday night.  It was SUCH a thrill to be able to FINALLY pass some of the cars that had been passing me all weekend.... even if they were on trailers.  We were the guys in the black suv rental that honked and waved like lunatics.

Finally, you are all degenerate bastards for getting me hooked on Lemons racing.  Our car needs too much work to be able to make New Orleans (although I'm still pondering showing up to see the race) but without any doubt we will be back to MSR in february.

-rick

When life hands you Lemons...
WELD A ROLL CAGE IN THAT PIECE OF SH!T AND RACE IT!

Yes, thanks to all.  The staff, workers, etc.  And thanks to 99% of the participants for being fun to be around, race around, etc.  All of you make these races not only fun to drive in, but to just be around.  The heat was awful, but the crowd was great.  Can't wait to do it all again!

It doesn't hurt that we had our best finish ever, 7th!  Thanks again from Team El Toro Loco.

Team SHOtime.  Mad Max Interceptor Taurus SHO

I'd like to say thanks to everyone at MSR and the Lemons crew too! THis was a great first event for the Batmobile and the Gotham Gearheads! It was everything we expected and more!

Markdas..hold onto to that cap for next time! If i need one, i'll know where to find one smile

we're gonna try to get it ready for New Orleans too.. Gotta wake up Alfred back at the Batcave. He's got some work to do!

Jeff

Does anyone have a picture of the Battleship penalty?

Justice...with a smile.

Yes. I know someone who took some photos of it. I'll try to retrieve them.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

10 (edited by Zachreligious 2010-09-15 06:14 AM)

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Does anyone have a picture of the Battleship penalty?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 … =630086957

I think it's set to friends of friends, so most everyone here should be able to see it - you're welcome to download and repost those pictures.

Edit - If you need higher res, I can put them up on my website later.

Thanks Zach.

Justice...with a smile.

Hey guys, glad you made the race.  FYI you may want to have someone go over your welds on your cage (maybe with a TIG).  There was much discussion on this at tech.  Cleaning these up will help prevent further  questioning.
Cheers.
David