Topic: Total Entry fee for a team of 4

Just want to clarify.
$900 for a team of 4 to enter a car?

Somebody said there was an additional license fee, but I don't see anything listed.

Thanks!

Re: Total Entry fee for a team of 4

Each driver needs an annual Lemons competition license, which is $50 each. Also if you don't have your own transponder you'll have to rent one for $50. If you're camping at the track it's another $50. Our first race (that we didn't actually make it to) cost our team of four $1200. Our second race was only $1000 because we all had the competition license.

I know you just wanted to know fees, but don't forget fuel at anywere from 5-10 gallons per hour, plus tires & breaks and Baksheesh & all mannor of beverages for the weekend.

That will add up to another grand.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Beverages for the weekend will add up to another grand.

ain't that the truth smile

Don't forget about transponder rental ($50) and maybe track camping.  Our total for 4 drivers at chicago was $1200.

If it doesn't have 2 doors, 3 pedals, and 5 lug nuts per wheel - It isn't a real race car

6 (edited by Runnin L8 2010-09-24 01:43 PM)

Yeah... even cheap racing ain't all that cheap.

It's a rare breed that has enough money to blow a grand on a weekend + the skills to build a car.

Our Summit Team was ~1850 IIRC.   Add car, accom. food and airfares and it came to ~15k

Was it worth it - hell yes !!

Whatever you do... don't believe them when they tell you it only gets cheaper.
So far It started with a $500.00 car and then I needed a $6000.00 trailer to put said car in. Then I needed a better truck to pull car+trailer another $$$$$.00 and now the car isn't fast enough so we are looking at maybe an engine swap or two.:D
Crap it only gets worse! That's why the beer costs are so high, beer helps me to convince myself that it's all worth it. That part only takes one beer and one lap around the track.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

^ what he said.  I work purely to feed my car habit.  Luckily my wife doesnt know they bumped my bonus from 10 to 15% this year....more money for car stuff smile

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

Whatever you do... don't believe them when they tell you it only gets cheaper.
So far It started with a $500.00 car and then I needed a $6000.00 trailer to put said car in. Then I needed a better truck to pull car+trailer another $$$$$.00 and now the car isn't fast enough so we are looking at maybe an engine swap or two.:D
Crap it only gets worse! That's why the beer costs are so high, beer helps me to convince myself that it's all worth it. That part only takes one beer and one lap around the track.

I'm at the new truck to pull the car phase, though i think I blew that money on the requirement of at least a 3 car garage when we bought our new house 6 months ago.  Only took those 6 months to go from 3 cars to 6.  At least a majority of them drive, though not legally....

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/