Topic: Boxy, but Good (perspective from but 1 of 6 of us)

I didn't get a chance to talk with many of you. No excuses really - we only had a few scrambly/stressful moments (no thanks to me - my teammates did all the prep work, I drove in from afar to enjoy the fruits of their labor).

The guys in the rhino/rocket Civic - had a *great* time racing with you. Our car seemed pretty well matched with you and in 2 of my 3 sessions I enjoyed quite a bit of passing/getting passed with your car. Really, really fun. I think it says a lot when I have a smile on my face as I'm getting passed.

The other 3 Volvos were all really, really fun to drive with also. Predictable drivers, closely matched cars. Same for the fuzzy yellow BMW. Many of the other cars far outclassed our car and/or my driving - the Alfas especially. I could keep up with the red baron snoopy BMW for maybe a lap, but they always zoomed way ahead.

Many of the slower cars were accommodating - the Jersey boys' Golf was easy to pass, as was the Mustang. The Corvair was "sort of" easy to pass, but I just never knew when it might lock up a drum and go ape-shit. I'm sure its driver felt the same way.

Of course, there were the buttheads. Number 66 was *not* fun to be around. I think they thought this was a smash-up derby. Same with number 77. I generally just let them pass so I wouldn't get smashed up.

The bamboo paneled Lemony BMW? Was your suspension broken? How do you get a rear drive car up on 3 wheels. Like, on almost every turn? Lots of steering wheel yanking I suspect wink

- Jeremy (one of 2 drivers on our lego Volvo team who wore the helmet w/ flames - (hey, it was cheap))

Re: Boxy, but Good (perspective from but 1 of 6 of us)

I have to say that I thought the Lego theme was friggin' fantastic, probably my favorite of the weekend. Especially the professional job done on the banners "nows not a good time to be sexy anyways, with all the diseases around", and watching the little heads in the back lean around the turns consistently cracked me up.

Hey-O!! You talkin bout me? Watch it or you'll be swimmin with da fishes. Forgetaboutit!!!

Haha, it was great racing with you. Second that on the bobble heads in the back. It was the perfect. Also, loved the logo.

Team Victors of War (those idiots in the wife-beaters and white pants)

Someone else from the Cow Tippers may have a photo of all four Volvos in a line on the track - it happened a couple of times at least.  We definitely saw all the 240s  in a line, but I think we did get all 4 in there.

I have to third the fact that I was laughing my balls off with those little lego heads bouncing around.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Another Cow Tipper here. Yeah, it was tons of fun when the Volvos all got together. I took some pics but didn't get any of all the bricks together. While I was driving I never got to spend much quality time with the Lego 740, but I had an epic battle going once with the Keystone Kops for lap after lap after lap. That was one of the high points for me.

This was my first Lemons event, but not my last. I can't wait to get the mighty cow back there next year.

Dave -- member emeritus, Vermont Bert One --

You guys drove a clean race with a great looking Lego machine. You should be quite proud! We enjoyed racing with you. Oh, and X2 on Chard Beef. They were very fast and very reckless. I avoided them and waved them around to prevent getting hit and thereby penalized. The mighty cow drove very well too, though I didn't get a chance to talk to those guys. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the Lego brick again!
Jeff - Team Police Brutality

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

i loved the wicked boxy license plate.  made me laugh every time i was around you on the track

my team learned last year to just let chard beef go by if you saw them coming.  great guys, but crazy drivers.

I was in said Snoopy Red Baron BMW 318.  It was a great racing with you guys too.  You guys drove like gentlemen and was much appreciated.  I really like the Terrance and Phillip heads in the back.  Hilarious.  smile

-Scott

Scott Barton

A Lego-themed Volvo? Damn, there goes my idea for a future theme. Looking forward to seeing pics.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

new favorite car!

arse-sweat-apalosa thunderhill 2011 : team killer zomBee!

I really thought you had a shot at People's Choice. Why do away with it?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT