Topic: Chicago Tail Light Question

The event description says that lights must be removed or fully taped. Can we use the stock brake lights if we tape them or would we have to run a center mounted light inside the car? Thanks.

Re: Chicago Tail Light Question

You can use the stock lights, but do tape them.  It is also recommended to have 3rd brake light located higher and inside the car, that would not be destroyed in a rear hit.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

3 (edited by Mulry 2010-10-07 08:58 AM)

One of my teammates for the first race thought that meant that we had to tape the inside part of the lights so that the bulb wouldn't fall out in the event of a collision.

Clear packing tape works well. Painter's tape, not so well.

And is it just me, or does the phrase "Chicago Tail Light" seem kind of dirty/naughty?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

4 (edited by therood 2010-10-07 09:47 AM)

Mulry wrote:

And is it just me, or does the phrase "Chicago Tail Light" seem kind of dirty/naughty?

You only think it's dirty until you've had one...but they ain't cheap.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
Mulry wrote:

Are there any near the track????

sergio wrote:
therood wrote:
Mulry wrote:

Are there any near the track????

There are, but you have to know the password.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

"How's about $10 and a rock of crack?"

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.