Topic: Autobahn, who is ready (or at least close)?

Lemon Squeezers will be there in the Asian Carpi themed Mercury Capri. All we have left is some minor brake repairs, seat mount, finish welding on the cage and kill switch. Then we will be doing some theme stuff. So who else is going? Who else is near ready? Who is praying to be ready?

All great moments start with the phrase "hey man, hold my beer"
http://dumbshitswithabeater.blogspot.com/

Re: Autobahn, who is ready (or at least close)?

We are ready but have to get through Gingerman first.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

We will finish putting the new brakes on next week and then just have to get the wipers working. Other than that, we don't expect any issues being ready.

Ours is out getting the cage built now, then we need to put in the cut off switch, do the harness and mount the fire extinguisher, put on the coolers, paint, and flush the radiator.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I've reached the point of laughing hysterically everytime I find more things that need to be done on the car if that says anything.

Where are you in Lockport? I'm just over the bridge in Romeoville.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

Lemons is racing in Germany? Wha???

Crab Spirits wrote:

I've reached the point of laughing hysterically everytime I find more things that need to be done on the car if that says anything.

Where are you in Lockport? I'm just over the bridge in Romeoville.

I am just over the bridge in the old part of town, 1 block away from the old high school.

We're getting there. Having the cage built next week, as we don't trust our collective welding abilities. To get the car track ready, we have to do the brakes, fix a CV joint, attach a hood scoop, and then finish theming the car. There are at least a dozen things I'm forgetting.

Every time we fix something, we find at least two more things to fix, but I think that's some kind of physical property of Lemons cars. As far as passing tech, we still need the killswitch, fire extinguisher, and seat put in.

So I'd guess we're as ready as anybody...

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

We are still working on our cars for Gingerman, the one that needs the least work after that race will go to Autobahn.

It Ain't My Fault

Ready for Autobahn, we just need to pick the car up from storage, and grab some new tires.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

We are starting to think we are ready, just a couple hundred more things to get done.

Well...I THINK we are ready to race, the "new" transmission is in...no testing...but seriously....what could possiably go wrong??

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Just got our new wheels/tires for the 245.  No more 14's here!

Damn, I just bought a Capri 'vert for Lemons, and now I'm being beaten to having LeMon's first!

I'm heading back out right now to resume day two of a brand new build. It will be a miracle if I pull this off. I need to do an engine swap, a complete suspension swap, all new brakes/rotors, cage it, seat/harness/switch it, fabricate/install radiator and fans, theme it, mount tires, find spares, and tune up the barely running donor, along with changing a leaking gasket.

No worries, I have all day today, next Thursday and Friday, and all day the following Thursday to do it. By myself. Unless a buddy with ZERO automotive/fabricating/mechanical knowledge or abilities stop by for a few hours today, like he promised...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

15 (edited by BoB 2010-10-09 07:02 AM)

Today I think we are going to primer and do the base coat of paint tomorrow since it is warm the paint should actually dry.  Tomorrow we are also hoping to figure out the cutoff switch, maybe track down why the cigarette light decided to stop working so we have some power inside the car to plug things into.  mount the tow hooks, and some other things that I can't think of right now.

Hopefully early next week I can get the cage builders to do a couple tweaks to the cage so we can get the rest of the saftey stuff taken care of and finish up the interior of the car.

After that I think its finish up the theme, bleed the brakes, tires, and flush the radiator.  That and probably a bunch of things that we have forgotten.

Facebook Page

You can buy cig lighters at autozone.  Buy 4 of them and hook them direct to 12v constant.  You can use your cutoff switch to shut the car electronics off.

we are trying to figure out if the lighter went bad or if its something with the wiring.  after we figure that out then we'll figure out what to do, either find a different 12v source to tap into, or just wire in some new lighters.

Facebook Page

Hopefully our guys at Gingerman don't wad the car this weekend. We can swap a motor with a DD motor if necessary; worst case, we drag the clown car up there from down here in Dallas. Either way, we'll have a car there. Just not totally sure which one yet. If they don't wad that one up, then we'll re-theme it for the next race...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Speedycop wrote:

Damn, I just bought a Capri 'vert for Lemons, and now I'm being beaten to having LeMon's first!

I'm heading back out right now to resume day two of a brand new build. It will be a miracle if I pull this off. I need to do an engine swap, a complete suspension swap, all new brakes/rotors, cage it, seat/harness/switch it, fabricate/install radiator and fans, theme it, mount tires, find spares, and tune up the barely running donor, along with changing a leaking gasket.

No worries, I have all day today, next Thursday and Friday, and all day the following Thursday to do it. By myself. Unless a buddy with ZERO automotive/fabricating/mechanical knowledge or abilities stop by for a few hours today, like he promised...

Leisurely schedule you got thar.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

This must be the new most popular car. Guess what I have in my garage getting ready for Louisiana?

Got the old drivetrain out of the rustbucket Lancia last night. I think I'll have rust scale in my hair/eyes/ears for the rest of my life. At least now I only have to -do an engine swap, a complete suspension swap, all new brakes/rotors, cage it, seat/harness/switch it, fabricate/install radiator and fans, theme it, mount tires, find spares, and tune up the barely running donor, along with changing a leaking gasket.

No worries, I have all day next Thursday and Friday, and all day the following Thursday to do it. By myself.

Yay.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

So how early do you want me to come up, Monday?

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Ok, they didn't wad the car at Gingerman. Actually held a spot in the top 10 all day on Sunday until the alt went out in the last hour sad A new alternator and belt and we're ready to go. See you guys a week from Friday!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Can't wait to see y'all again. cool

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Speedycop wrote:

So there will two Capri's at Autobahn. maybe we will start a new Lemons trend. Is yours the XR4 or the N/A? I actually just took ours off the jack stands today. Cage is 99%, just the two drivers side door bars are left but I am holding off on those until the last minute. I took for a couple laps around the block and everything seems OK. Just have a couple fire wall holes to plug and the kill switch and it will be done. Technically I think we will both tie for the first Capri vert, that is if we both make it to the track. Looking forward to meeting everyone and maybe we should plan a photo op for the Capri debris.