Re: Autobahn, who is ready (or at least close)?

we've got to change the oil, slap on some new wheels/tires, install tow straps, and remove the glass (along with a few other minor things).  then it's time for theme-ification.

first Lemons race!  really really can't wait.

Pushing The Nimitz: 1995 Cadillac STS
2010 Chicago: "Most From The Least" Award Winner
http://twitter.com/PushinTheNimitz

Obviously we are taking the Grand Prix. I think it just needs front brake pads.

It Ain't My Fault

JD1969 wrote:
Speedycop wrote:

Damn, I just bought a Capri 'vert for Lemons, and now I'm being beaten to having LeMon's first!

I'm heading back out right now to resume day two of a brand new build. It will be a miracle if I pull this off. I need to do an engine swap, a complete suspension swap, all new brakes/rotors, cage it, seat/harness/switch it, fabricate/install radiator and fans, theme it, mount tires, find spares, and tune up the barely running donor, along with changing a leaking gasket.

No worries, I have all day today, next Thursday and Friday, and all day the following Thursday to do it. By myself. Unless a buddy with ZERO automotive/fabricating/mechanical knowledge or abilities stop by for a few hours today, like he promised...

So there will two Capri's at Autobahn. maybe we will start a new Lemons trend. Is yours the XR4 or the N/A? I actually just took ours off the jack stands today. Cage is 99%, just the two drivers side door bars are left but I am holding off on those until the last minute. I took for a couple laps around the block and everything seems OK. Just have a couple fire wall holes to plug and the kill switch and it will be done. Technically I think we will both tie for the first Capri vert, that is if we both make it to the track. Looking forward to meeting everyone and maybe we should plan a photo op for the Capri debris.

I think Speedycop said he was bringing the Lancia, which was on Judge Phil's car wish list for a while, so you get yours done you get to be the first.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Yep, Lancia is the plan. Of course, it's a LOOOOOOOOONG way from ready, but I'm working hard (late nights EVERY night), and it will be there. My site should be updated with build pics this evening: www.speedycop.com
All I have left to do is build the car. From the ground up. In my two off days. With heavy/cold rain expected tomorrow. All day. While I'm studying for the promotion (Sgt.'s)oral exam Saturday. Next time I see this Jay Lamm character, remind me to whip his ass. This whole thing was his idea...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT