Topic: Build it and they will come....

The Wartburgs....the call to me now

So I was talking with my dad tonite, general BSing and stuff and he suddenly interjects "Oh would you be interested in a 1959 Wartburg?"  Then goes on a 30 minute rabbit chase that has nothing to do with the Wartburg.  As he trails off on wherever his story ended up I'm like "HELLLO, what about this Wartburg"

So it seems he got talking cars with a co-worker and the conversation eventually drifted around to my current obsession and "Oh, my brother has a nice driver quality one of those, I've driven it a few times"

GAH....waiting for more info, contact from the brother, etc.  A nice original driver Wartburg next to the FrankenWartburg in my garage and at shows would make me oh so giddy.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Re: Build it and they will come....

Jim, I've conducted a search and have not been able to find any support groups for your addiction.  I'm truly sorry, but it looks like you just may have to suffer through this.

Aaron

1999 Astro (Green the Daily Driver) - 2WD, 4.3L, 3.23, 200k+ miles, FE2 steering
1997 Astro (Grumpy the $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 330k+ miles on the orig eng and trans, $30 eBay fuel pump

will a Ford 4.6L fit? ;D

Got a follow up call tonite.  Dad was with co-worker and they got the brother on the phone, he really did have a 59 Wartburg, 45,000 miles, fully restored.  He sold it 2 years ago along with the rest of his collection when he moved from Nebraska to Georgia.  Current whereabouts unknown....drat.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

JThw8 wrote:

Got a follow up call tonite.  Dad was with co-worker and they got the brother on the phone, he really did have a 59 Wartburg, 45,000 miles, fully restored.  He sold it 2 years ago along with the rest of his collection when he moved from Nebraska to Georgia.  Current whereabouts unknown....drat.

Son of a biatch!  People would've paid cash money to see those two together!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

doctawife wrote:
JThw8 wrote:

Son of a biatch!  People would've paid cash money to see those two together!

FITTY SENTS

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"