Topic: I've officially lost it. Even in my sleep...

Last night I had a dream that I found the best Lemons car EVAR.  It was only $200!  That's $300 worth of budget room!  I was so excited, I was calling everyone I knew trying to get a race team together for this perfect specimen of race-car-to-be, mentally selling off the interior bits and trying to figure out how to wring more power out of it's wheezy motor.

The car?  An '86 Ford Tempo V6 AWD 5spd.  Which I'm pretty sure never existed.  It was sputtering and misfiring, but a quick plug change got it running on all 6 again! 

Seriously, a Tempo?  I'm excitedly dreaming about Ford Tempos? 

I need a new hobby.

Re: I've officially lost it. Even in my sleep...

Welcome Brother Priapism, Please feel free to drink the punch!

Our Beloved leader Jay will be in touch to explain your dream to you.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Heck, we're doing a Spec Tempo class on the BABE rally this year.  I'd be very excited to find a V6 5-speed smile

Of course Tempo was chosen because Im tired of falling in love with my BABE cars and doing whatever it takes to get them home.  I wanted something I'd abandon on the side of the road for running out of gas...Tempo it is.  Also some informal research showed that within a 30 day period you can find a running $500 Tempo on Craigslist for almost any region in the country.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

As a wise man told me once, build something you wouldn't have any regrets about pushing over a cliff

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

5 (edited by EyeMWing 2010-10-15 08:47 AM)

I had a similar dream a few nights ago, except it was worse. MUCH, MUCH worse. It involved a mid-engined Sebring convertible. The engine, as far as I could tell, was a straight-8, which was actually two dissimilar 4pots (one was a Ford Zetec, one was out of a '91 Crapalier) tied together at the crank.

And no, I don't know how I bent physics to make that go in the back seat area. If I knew that, I'd TOTALLY build it.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I feel ya, how sad is this?  I had a dream last night that the guy on CL selling a car with our perfect 265k mile donor engine actually emailed me back!

Kurt Krumm
STS
Current car: who the hell knows
Prior offenses to sound judgment: Toyota coROLLa, Audi 80, Toyota MR2, Ford Crown Vic chop job

Man! What kind of meds are you guys taking to have weird dreams like that?

Good God! What's in the water lately? I had a Lemons dream last night too. I don't even remember what it was about, but I remember trying to work miracles on a really crappy engine. Must have something to do with me spending a half-hour last night with a wire brush in my cordless drill, trying to get all the scale out of the coolant passages in our Jag's next engine.

Ford F150 or Ranger drive line chopped and wedged under a tempo... DO IT!!! Even over-budget the judges should let it by due to the shear death trap it will pose to be.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

While cleaning up the other night, I joked to my overly-optimistic team "The first time we drive this car is gonna be on the track. Since all the controls are backwards, what if we do one lap and discover that we have 1 forward gear and 5 reverse gears?" The look on their faces was priceless! Today, one of them fell asleep on the train and had a nightmare that this actually happened.

Our build has pretty much turned me into a Taurus expert. A bad driver in a Sable pissed me off today and I yelled "I hope your subframe falls out AND your CCRM fails!".

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

My dream I had Boris Said and Scott Pruitt on my team and all's they did was bitch because the car sucked, and wanted to kick my ass!! woke up thinking man I got in a fight with these guys!!!

1985 BMW 535i... one of the slowest builds ever!!!

Dream about Ron Fellows instead. Then you win the race and he brings the car back in one piece. And he's a great guy. Myself, I'm thinking Milka Duno...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

I day dream of getting paid to race Lemons. surely that's the wildest, most insane dream of all!

14 (edited by Bonedriver 2010-10-19 10:06 PM)

1992 Tempo GLS had a standard V6 (Vulcan I believe), was a two door and I think it had a manual option...

I think the V6 was an option for the GL and LX... Tempo's were killed off in 1994

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

Bonedriver wrote:

1992 Tempo GLS had a standard V6 (Vulcan I believe), was a two door and I think it had a manual option...

I think the V6 was an option for the GL and LX... Tempo's were killed off in 1994

Yes, Vulcan became available the last couple years of Tempo, but only w/ the same ATX that was in taurus.

Does the 4cyl HSC bellhousing also fit Vulcan?  Hmmmm....

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...