Topic: Still on the road!

Speedycop, Ronman, and I are still in the truck somewhere in the PA countryside riding the high of our second IOE win and about 5 large coffees each. We have been rotating drivers and "marking our territory" every hundred miles or so.
We can't begin to thank everyone who came buy to offer help and lift our spirits... especially when we showed with an incomplete car. I personally would like to thank Mark of the Deathmobile MR2 for schooling us in obscure toyota wiring and creative reforging of our tierod ends.
I hope to see you all at New Orleans!!!

Oh and one last thing - could the guys racing the cheater... err... stripper pole Crown Vic get me a list of things they did to it cause I really want my built 2002 Crown Vic Sport to handle that good! That bitch was dialed in!

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

Re: Still on the road!

We're just now (and I do mean JUST now, the eyesore that is South of the Border is still visible in the mirrors) crossing the NC/SC line. Still have 150 miles - almost 2.5 hours - til we finally reach the luxurious Chateau du Bonedriver outside of Charleston.

This marks over 24 hours of nearly contiguous drivetime just getting home from the race. Keep that in mind next time you cry about a race being too far because the track is more than 2 hours from your/your mom's house.

Oh, by the way, I still have another 8 hours of driving to do tomorrow to get back home to Florida.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Cut by the house!!!!  Exit 181.    I'm 20 minutes from SOB.  (How do you think Team SOB got its name???)  Hate the place and all it stands for, but hey, it just screams Lemons....

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Damn, we're down at 164 making a head call now. Good to know however, we may take you up on the offer in the future. cool

Anytime...  10 minutes off 95, and half way between FL and NY.....  (we even have running water in the house!!!)  1000 square foot shop with just about anything you need should "someone" not have the car ready for the next race....Just gotta dodge all the VW junk in the corners!

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Mick25 wrote:

1000 square foot shop with just about anything you need should "someone" not have the car ready for the next race

HEY! I resemble that remark!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Finally off 95, and onto I26. 25 more interstate miles and 10 on surface roads and we will be crashing, hard. We've been switching between driving and riding shotgun every 50 miles for a while now...

Aaaaaand... home. No shortage of fog or deer on the road but we made it with no trouble other than the low fuel light shining brightly at usfrom within the instrument cluster.

I'm going to bed now.
/posted from my iPhone whilst seated upon the throne

damn dude. i do NOT envy your commute!

Hey, we got in Monday morning around 3am, last 50 miles in 4WD LOW because the transfer case decided to stay in Ohio. Fun doing 35 MPH down the freeway with the flashers on and waving traffic by with a t-shirt while severely overloaded, feels like we never left the track. On a positive note, discussed next years races with the wife as soon as I got home, and told her there were 8 in semi-close proximity. I would have been happy with 3, but she decided on 4, and she might even attend 2.

It Ain't My Fault

Hopefully we'll be at a few of those, Dave. cool

Y'all are some dedicated bastards.

13 (edited by Bonedriver 2010-10-26 12:22 PM)

Thanks Sean! Hope to see you at a few next year!!!

I don't even remember getting home last night... and I was driving! I slept for 13 hours... still feel dead and I have to work tonight...

Ron just left for his final 8 hours to FLA...

Lessons learned this go round - take monday and tuesday off next time!

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion