Topic: Thankyou from Team Sucker Punch!

I love the attitudes of all the other racers at Lemons, and this past weekend at Joliet was no exception.  After seeing the Van Halen Camaro come in on the hook the number of people that came over to see if we needed help or parts was amazing.  After we threw in the towel numerous people came over to ask what put us out of the race, and thank us for running such a clean race.  As we packed up our gear we had more people come over to tell us how much fun it was to chase and dice with us all weekend long!  We still had a blast despite getting our first DNF, and yes the Van Halen Camaro will be back for more! 

Thanks guys, I'll see many of you next year, and I look forewward to meeting more of you!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Re: Thankyou from Team Sucker Punch!

What broke this time?  One of these days you guys will get to run the whole race without getting greasy.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:

What broke this time?  One of these days you guys will get to run the whole race without getting greasy.

Actually we finished Nelson Ledges just fine....its the shorter races that seem to give us greif.

The Passenger side ball joint failed.  This REALLY sucks because I replaced them before we went racing.  The threads peeled off the stud, so I'm calling it a bad part.  We were going to fix it and get back into the race, but upon further inspection we found other suspension parts had been bent/damaged when the tire crashed into them.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015

Tiptoe the rat wrote:

The threads peeled off the stud, so I'm calling it a totally normal General Motors part.

There, fixed it.

Judge Phil wrote:
Tiptoe the rat wrote:

The threads peeled off the stud, so I'm calling it a totally normal General Motors part.

There, fixed it.

We got it from autozone you slime!!!

Tiptoe the rat wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:
Tiptoe the rat wrote:

There, fixed it.

Autozoo. That's your problem right there.

sergio wrote:
Tiptoe the rat wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

There, fixed it.

Autozoo. That's your problem right there.

I talked to someone who got replacement ball joints from autozone for their daily driver that are already shot before the car hit 100 miles.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I never had issues with autozone balljoints....until now.  Seems they have gone cheap with them in the last few years so......I'm switching to moog.  Not just to fix the car, but I think the rest of the ball joints need to come out as well before I have another "7 wheels off incident!"  as Jay put it.