1 (edited by therood 2010-10-25 11:46 AM)

Topic: Team Resignation had a blast at Autobahn

As this was our first race ever, we had more fun than we could have ever asked for. The highs and lows seemed extreme, but it was worth it to watch our captain's daily driver motor (with 200,000+ miles on it) power the Nixonmobile around the track all day Sunday.

Thanks to everyone who helped us or had good things to say about us this weekend: the Top Fool Elemonator guys for lending us the cherry picker, Greg with the Morrows team for the chili and the beer, Jay from the CART team for BSing with us Friday night, and the guys from the #10 Saturn team for helping us out with all kinds of assorted crap.

Also, Alan drove the LeMon all the way home behind his trailered and engineless ZX2.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Team Resignation had a blast at Autobahn

You guys really need to work on strategy.  You are suppose to blow the engine during practice and put the race engine that is in your daily driver with all those upgrades the night before the race not during the race.  smile

Great to see you back on the track Saturday but I was always a bit scared of parts of tricky dick flying at my car when behind it.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

3 (edited by therood 2010-10-25 11:47 AM)

BoB wrote:

You guys really need to work on strategy.  You are suppose to blow the engine during practice and put the race engine that is in your daily driver with all those upgrades the night before the race not during the race.  smile

Great to see you back on the track Saturday but I was always a bit scared of parts of tricky dick flying at my car when behind it.

Our original plan was to run without Nixon in the back of the car so that we could actually see out the back of the car. But Judge Phil told us that we were, in fact, going to affix Tricky Dick to the car and run with it. We were pleasantly surprised with how well he stayed in. However, we were also kind of terrified at times, because he blocked the view to anything directly behind us. If we didn't have a wink mirror, we wouldn't have been able to see anything anywhere.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

I gave you some credit for that whole engine swap ordeal over here:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=6680

Oh btw, be sure to pass along to your brother in law, or was it Alan's brother in law, that the Beer was great.

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

Oh btw, be sure to pass along to your brother in law, or was it Alan's brother in law, that the Beer was great.

Will do (it's my brother in law). Pete brews some wicked ale himself. Beers for everyone!

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

We also had a great time at Autobahn. As usual, the majority of people and teams were awesome and had a great time on and off the track. Thanks to team CART for making me have an epiphany when we cross threaded our lugnuts.

The monsoon on Saturday made things interesting and good work to the Track Pillagerz for grabbing P1 for a while.
The Morrow's "No Theme" dark knight was great and was glad to see it out there for majority of Sunday.

Sorry to see that Team No Whammies had to pack it up when they got hammered during a full course caution lap but luckily the driver was OK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAt_wq0hzVc
They've got all winter to build up something sweet. 

That's the last race this season for us but we'll plan on seeing you all next year. Thanks for a great 2010 to everyone.

#25 BuckSnort Racing
09' Nelsons / 10' American Irony, Capitol Offense, Bull Oil, Blago / 11' Gingivitis, American Irony, Shootout
12' Gingivitis, Shootout, American Irony

Tim, you guys ran hard and clean all weekend. Congrats on the class win, and the second place!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

Tim, you guys ran hard and clean all weekend. Congrats on the class win, and the second place!

+1

It's fun to watch you guys run, and your car sounds absolutely amazing.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Tango wrote:

...Thanks to team CART for making me have an epiphany when we cross threaded our lugnuts...

LOL...we wanted to help you guys out so bad for helping us at Gingerman...we were glad that we did...well..."help".  I drove our car the second session day two (first time in the dry...much more fun).  I'm not sure who your driver was Tim, but thanks for not dive-bombing me as we barrelled into turn #1...and realizing I'd give you the inside line on turn #2 as to not hold each other (you) up.  I have no problem letting much faster cars by, as otherwise it slows us both, but so many times people would be back and forth in my rear view mirror, and I had no freaking clue what line they wanted to take.  I always tried to make it obvious to the faster drivers when to pass, and where.

Nixon team...it was great hanging out with you guys Friday night.  Fantastic job!

Thanks also to Andy for the chilli!

Fukushima Sushi Delivery
POS 325e

11 (edited by Tango 2010-10-25 05:21 PM)

Speedycop wrote:

Congrats to you and your team on your 2nd IOE Jeff!!! Hopefully the Lancia will go down in Lemons history like the Thunderbird.

Congrats Coco (Bernie?) on your #6 finish! Gotta keep together will all those E30 haters out there.

#25 BuckSnort Racing
09' Nelsons / 10' American Irony, Capitol Offense, Bull Oil, Blago / 11' Gingivitis, American Irony, Shootout
12' Gingivitis, Shootout, American Irony

Tango wrote:

Congrats Coco (Bernie?) on your #6 finish! Gotta keep together will all those E30 haters out there.

coco is jay. its cause he looks like a tall albino monkey.

You guys were dialed in on day two.  Its impressive to look at your mylaps time/graph to see how consistent all of your drivers were.

-Bernie

Tango wrote:

We also had a great time at Autobahn. As usual, the majority of people and teams were awesome and had a great time on and off the track. Thanks to team CART for making me have an epiphany when we cross threaded our lugnuts.

The monsoon on Saturday made things interesting and good work to the Track Pillagerz for grabbing P1 for a while.
The Morrow's "No Theme" dark knight was great and was glad to see it out there for majority of Sunday.

Sorry to see that Team No Whammies had to pack it up when they got hammered during a full course caution lap but luckily the driver was OK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAt_wq0hzVc
They've got all winter to build up something sweet. 

That's the last race this season for us but we'll plan on seeing you all next year. Thanks for a great 2010 to everyone.

Thanks Tim, You guys really rocked out this weekend.

Did anybody take video of the awards ceremony? We missed getting our Heroic Fix trophy because we were eating our first real meal of the weekend.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

15 (edited by erdero 2010-10-26 12:55 PM)

therood wrote:

Did anybody take video of the awards ceremony? We missed getting our Heroic Fix trophy because we were eating our first real meal of the weekend.

Yeah, we got one.  Rather, a friend got one, so it's burning onto a DVD right now.  We should get it within a week or so.  I'll put the whole thing online when we get it.

Pushing The Nimitz: 1995 Cadillac STS
2010 Chicago: "Most From The Least" Award Winner
http://twitter.com/PushinTheNimitz

erdero wrote:
therood wrote:

Yeah, we got one.  Rather, a friend got one, so it's burning onto a DVD right now.  We should get it within a week or so.  I'll put the whole thing online when we get it.

Awesome! Thanks.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
BoB wrote:

Will do (it's my brother in law). Pete brews some wicked ale himself. Beers for everyone!

The home brew is great, I'm drinking one right now! What is the name of this homemade booze labeled APPLE PIE? It's great too- you called it spirit something? Spiriteuse? Anyway, you guys were great and thanks for the booze!

"Hello. Can I have you step out of the car please?"

Judge Sam wrote:
therood wrote:
BoB wrote:

The home brew is great, I'm drinking one right now! What is the name of this homemade booze labeled APPLE PIE? It's great too- you called it spirit something? Spiriteuse? Anyway, you guys were great and thanks for the booze!

The apple pie spirytus came from the boob-roofed team.  We should probably start signing our bribes in order to seperate ourselves from the Bud Light bribers. smile

I think I need to convince the brewer to bring all of his flavors to the next one...

2000ccsofcompressedfury! wrote:
Judge Sam wrote:
therood wrote:

The apple pie spirytus came from the boob-roofed team.  We should probably start signing our bribes in order to seperate ourselves from the Bud Light bribers. smile

I think I need to convince the brewer to bring all of his flavors to the next one...

D'oh! My bad. The beer is great though and the Nixon labels definitely set you apart.

"Hello. Can I have you step out of the car please?"

Judge Sam wrote:
Judge Sam wrote:

D'oh! My bad. The beer is great though and the Nixon labels definitely set you apart.

How many team brought homebrew to Joliet?  Maybe next year we should have a beer contest at the race.

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
Judge Sam wrote:

How many team brought homebrew to Joliet?  Maybe next year we should have a beer contest at the race.

+1

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com