Topic: Woo-Hoo ... 5 Races in TX, including TMS!

Would've loved to have seen TWS on there ... but I'm still pretty pumped about it!

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Re: Woo-Hoo ... 5 Races in TX, including TMS!

Yes, this is pretty awesome.  Definitely glad to see they replaced the two New Orleans dates with one Dallas and one Houston race.

oh gawd.
now i'm gonna have to knock over a few liquor stores to afford all these races... might as well pick up the Baksheesh while i'm there

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Anyone have an idea of what the track layout at TMS will be like?

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

Probably the same as the chumpar race there in June or July.  Not really much possible variation.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

oh gawd.
now i'm gonna have to knock over a few liquor stores to afford all these races... might as well pick up the Baksheesh while i'm there

I hear you. . . .I'm trying to come up with some elaborate heist. . . . but self prostitution is more likely

86 Honda Prelube - Team Inspite: Rabid Hybrid Racing

Lemons is one hell of a drug

86 Honda Prelube - Team Inspite: Rabid Hybrid Racing

8 (edited by rharris19 2010-10-21 09:21 AM)

And from the email I got today, it states that there are more races but definate dates have not been established, so they aren't listed.  Fingers crossed TWS!

I am gonna have to fight it with all I have to only go to 2 of the 3 races at MSR and not all 3.  This has taken over my life.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

They done left out da cajuns!!  One of these Texas races better be a 24 hour race.  I know after Lasseiz Le Crapheaps, I'm going to want to do another.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

There is still hope for Louisiana, We do plan to make at least 1 Houston race.

Dangerous Flea GP?
I like Heaps in the Heart of Texas, but the third MSR race could have used a different name. "Flea Market 500" would have worked fine, and it's in English, too.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Interestingly, I have my first kid due in a few weeks, and the wife and I have already talked about dropping her off with grandma for the weekend in Feb.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:

Interestingly, I have my first kid due in a few weeks, and the wife and I have already talked about dropping her off with grandma for the weekend in Feb.

I like your style...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

I do wish they would read a map and figure out that neither Decatur nor Fort Worth are in Dallas...

Team SHOtime.  Mad Max Interceptor Taurus SHO

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Dangerous Flea GP?
I like Heaps in the Heart of Texas, but the third MSR race could have used a different name. "Flea Market 500" would have worked fine, and it's in English, too.

How about "veinticuatro horas de limones Houuston"

"You can’t make a pig into a race car, but you can make a very fast pig."

Wildstar wrote:

I do wish they would read a map and figure out that neither Decatur nor Fort Worth are in Dallas...

Now now... That would be to simple and telling the judges they made an honest mistake only a ten year old could make; might be a bad idea.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Wildstar wrote:

i like how neither "Boston" race is even in Massachusetts

Wildstar wrote:

Hell, Decatur's in Georgia! Or was it Illinois?

19 (edited by EyeMWing 2010-10-27 02:35 PM)

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
Wildstar wrote:

i like how neither "Boston" race is even in Massachusetts

Massachusetts is simply the closest actual civilization. Just because the state is tiny doesn't make Jay and company wrong. And just because Texas is big, boring and empty doesn't make them wrong either.

The bloody Washington, DC race is in West Virginia for the very same reason.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

And just because Texas is big, boring and empty .

Boring? Where the hell have you been?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

It's pretty empty, isn't particularly big, but it sure as hell isn't boring, if my experience of Amarillo bars is typical...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:

It's pretty empty, isn't particularly big, but it sure as hell isn't boring, if my experience of Amarillo bars is typical...

We like our space... and if Amarillo Bars keep you going you need to spend some time in Dallas, Fort Worth, and especially Austin. The Coastline can be entertaining as well.

Anyways, boring?! Only if you sit in your hotel room all night... doing... whatever. *cringe*

Sons of STIG