Topic: I feel like I've earned my Lemons card

Last night, we all worked on the car in the rainy dark.  Not in a garage, but in our teammate's backyard with the weeds and the nettles.  And when I say rainy, I mean alternating drizzles and downpours. I know we're nowhere near spank's level, but it still felt strangely good.

And, as usual, I can't get the grease out of my nails.  Heh.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Re: I feel like I've earned my Lemons card

None of you own an EZ-UP or some sort of canopy?  I guess I'm not hard-core enough huh?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:

None of you own an EZ-UP or some sort of canopy?  I guess I'm not hard-core enough huh?

We had an EZ-up, but really, after a three day rain, the ground is saturated. It was still worth it.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

doctawife wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

We had an EZ-up, but really, after a three day rain, the ground is saturated. It was still worth it.

Sounds like the Lamest Day all over again.  An ark might have been a better theme choice.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

With 5 races under your belt, I'd have thought you'd earned your card a long time ago!

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Loren wrote:

With 5 races under your belt, I'd have thought you'd earned your card a long time ago!

With all the work to do on a rustbucket, the Lemons cards expire rapidly and must be re-earned.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Ug. Thanks for the reminder.

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/2669767/rainweld_04sm_detail.jpg

We had like 15 days of consecutive rain in San Diego not a couple weeks ago. I absolutely sunk into miserable funk and couldn't bring myself to go work on the Apollo 18 car at all. Hence, I screwed up my own schedule again and will be unable to test it prior to the race. Hell, the Mini and the sChitroen both didn't do more than 20 yards under their own power before showing up to the track for the first time, why should the Apollo 18 car be any different?

Hate friggin' rain. Hate it.

Spank wrote:

Ug. Thanks for the reminder.

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/photo … detail.jpg

We had like 15 days of consecutive rain in San Diego not a couple weeks ago. I absolutely sunk into miserable funk and couldn't bring myself to go work on the Apollo 18 car at all. Hence, I screwed up my own schedule again and will be unable to test it prior to the race. Hell, the Mini and the sChitroen both didn't do more than 20 yards under their own power before showing up to the track for the first time, why should the Apollo 18 car be any different?

Hate friggin' rain. Hate it.

That looks... unpleasant. (I figured understatement is the way to go, the forum would probably reject a post with all the four-letter modifiers needed to really describe that.)

Jeff, you're right, working in the rain always gives me NL flashbacks too. The best part about having a driving shift was the chance to warm up.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Loren wrote:

Thanks!  But still, there's Lemons, and then there is Lemons.  And leaning over the Tetanus, on a step stool, greasy bits in hand while nature pelts my butt with rain is definitely Lemons card worthy.

Altho it's not Spank card worthy.  For that, I would have to be doing my greasy bidness at the track 2 hours before the race.

And then still be able to race.

Crazy, crazy man.

Texas and Rain. Who'd'a guest.
Last I was there you could jump up and down in one spot and someone a hunnert feet thataway would bounce opposite yew, jes like a waterbed.

Feel for ya, man!

And I should mention that Twister is NOT a friendly social game - especially when it's at the other end of a parking lot from you.

i don't give out the Lemons cards, but you earned a Hoonatic Racing "I've got nothing better to do then fix a car that truly would be worthless if it want for this stupid race" card.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

i don't give out the Lemons cards, but you earned a Hoonatic Racing "I've got nothing better to do then fix a car that truly would be worthless if it want for this stupid race" card.

Thanks. Does it help that I got excited about oil cooler tubing today? I swear, nobody at work understands - they all think I'm nuts.

Can I get that card laminated? wink

doctawife wrote:

I swear, nobody at work understands - they all think I'm nuts.

I have the same problem at work, but I cultivate it.   It may not breed respect, but it does breed fear.   :-)

After showing them photos of me riding on the front of a steam locomotive in Ecuador, they hardly raised an eyebrow at Lemons.   I guess I'm not trying hard enough.   :-)

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

I swear, nobody at work understands - they all think I'm nuts.

I got more volunteers. Now I'm trying to figure out how to help them organize another team.

You know they make paint that will rust up in a few hours.  You're doing it the hard way.

Justice...with a smile.