Topic: The history of the Heroic Fix: All 37 winners here!

http://murileemartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hf-08newengland-600px.jpg

The Heroic Fix is one of my favorite Lemons awards, so I figured it was time to give the HF winners their due.

Bonus points: before looking at the post, can you name the only two-time Heroic Fix winner?

Re: The history of the Heroic Fix: All 37 winners here!

Without looking, my money's on Speedy or Morrow's Auto...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

thanks Phil. my favorite award too. next would be IOE then Screwed.

Fix shows a teams ability to handle pressure
IOE shows ingenuity
Screwed shows the Lemons sense of humor

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Herioc Fix and I Got Screwed are closely related. In fact, we have swapped the awards at the last second before the ceremony, more than once.

Damn, I wish we'd have stuck around at the first Houston race, they all but told us we were the winners, but with no sleep, we decided to head out early.

That mx6 never did finish a race.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Pick me, pick me I know the answer !

It Ain't My Fault

We still don't have one (despite some incredibly heroic efforts), but then no one else has an Epic Repair Failure trophy. It's a horribly ugly welded piece of crap, but what it represents is priceless! Ahh, the memories of burnt transmission fluid and scalding hot parts...
http://jalopnik.com/5519700/police-brut … -not-fazed
http://jalopnik.com/5524236/never-give- … hunderbird
...and it worked! We were utterly triumphant!!! It was the motor that failed, not the epic transmission repair, but we are quite proud of that ugly welded trophy. wink

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT