Topic: Jegster roll cage kit

Is the Jegster roll cage kit a suitable cage for competion.

Re: Jegster roll cage kit

a link to the cage specs might help

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I can't link it cause I'm on phone but if u go to Jegs.com and part number 948505k search it will come up.

4 (edited by BoB 2010-11-11 09:15 AM)

http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegster/550/948505K/10002/-1

Quick look no diagonal.  I'm sure others will be able to tell you more though.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

If you are ordering the 12 point I beleive you can use the bars that go to the front and make your own diagonal.

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

by the photo, it just needs a main hoop diagonal. you may be able to use the front stays as the main hoop diagonal.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

That's what I was thinking. The diagonal is the only piece I can see that's not their.

Dice1 wrote:

Is the Jegster roll cage kit a suitable cage for competion.

Yes but you will need to modify it to meet the cage rules. The kit does not have the Main hoop Diagonal which is required per rule 3.1. and a few other minor adjustments.
The Tubing dimensions meet the requirements. I would call them to confirm whether the tubing is ERW or DOM. I would be surprised if it was DOM though because it would cost almost double what they are asking. If it is not ERW or DOM don't buy it it won't pass.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

I've seen many cages built from Jeg's kits fail tech. You're probably better off spending the extra bucks for something better.

Just called and it is ERW tubing rules say DOM but could I go with the ERW.

3.1.1: Rollbar Tubing and Padding: Minimum tubing size for cars weighing under 3000 pounds as raced is 1.50" x .120" or 1.75" x .095". Cars weighing over 3000 pounds as raced must use a minimum tubing size of 1.75" x.120". Properly bent, racecar-grade and -quality tubing is mandatory: no stretched or crushed bends allowed. DOM mild steel is very strongly recommended over ERW (seamed) tubing.

I just pulled this from the rules DOM is highly reccomended but is not mandatory. Be it as you may its your behind that will be in there so its up to you.

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Well I'm gonna shell out the extra and get one of the lemon spec from Roll Cage Components. Being it will pass tech.

We ran a Jegs cage in our last car.  To meet Lemons requirements you have to buy several extra bars.  Main diagonal and door bars come to mind.  The door bars aren't the proper dimensions.  When its all said and done, just buy a better cage.

RobL.com

He'll build you a legal cage for a reasonable price.  On 30 seconds notice.  In a driving snow storm.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

RobL.com

He'll build you a legal cage for a reasonable price.  On 30 seconds notice.  In a driving snow storm.

Second on that, he's the one who did the cage for our GTP.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

RobL.com

And no, he's not a DJ from LA.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

I have a 12 Point Jegster Kit in my car.  We made it work and it passes tech.

Any future cages I do will be DOM and most likely custom.

Even if you buy a Lemons spec cage from someone spend the extra for DOM.  It will allow you to run in other events and cover you if the cage requirements change.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

A Jegster cage will not pass tech without serious modification..     Its better to do a custom cage

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'