Topic: Functional Doors?

I didn't see anything listen in the rules, but is it a requirement to have a functional door?  Our theme/design would be much easier if we were able to weld the door shut and cut it down to the same level as the top door bar.

Re: Functional Doors?

There is no requirement for functional doors, your drivers just have to be able to exit the car in a swift fashion in event of an emergency.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

i believe a drivers door is required, but it doesn't have to open. You just need to be able to unbuckle and exit in less than 14 seconds. Leave the dead weight of the passenger door at home.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Watch it guys, we may be requiring doors next year, don't toss 'em yet... 

Don't go freaking out, I'm just giving you a heads up... and trying to save you a PITA if you toss your doors...

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

How many doors are we talking about here?  Our lack of a passenger door allows our engine to stay cool.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

Evil Genius wrote:

Watch it guys, we may be requiring doors next year, don't toss 'em yet... 

Don't go freaking out, I'm just giving you a heads up... and trying to save you a PITA if you toss your doors...

-John

I was wondering about that. We take the rear doors off because it saves 100lbs. But the driver front is good to keep for additional crash protection and to keep debris from coming in.

Sounds like it's time to shell out those rear doors, Sergio.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Hey, the Bradley never had doors sad

It Ain't My Fault

damn, one more thing to get from a yard

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I'm gonna need to buy a set of rear doors for a CRX.  Oh, wait...

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

We have doors - but no hinges. Ok, not door handles either.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 … 9c602ebcd0

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports

Richardnew wrote:

We have doors - but no hinges. Ok, not door handles either.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 … 9c602ebcd0

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports

I'm just a bystander here, but, by my reading of the rules (your tech inspector may vary) the fenders should do a bit more of a job of covering the wheels.

cbustapeck wrote:

I'm just a bystander here, but, by my reading of the rules (your tech inspector may vary) the fenders should do a bit more of a job of covering the wheels.

I concur. You might want to think about swinging by your local Northern Tool/Tractor Supply and picking up a couple of trailer fenders, splitting them down the middle, then tacking those onto your quarter panels. You're likely to get dinged at tech if you have exposed tires at the tops of the wheel wells. Not having that done before getting to the track will result in a total scramble to fix in order to pass tech.

I'm all for mandating 4 doors on all cars.  If your car didn't come with four doors originally bolt them on.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

I'm all for mandating 4 doors on all cars.  If your car didn't come with four doors originally bolt them on.

i would take Gull Wing to a whole new level

BoB wrote:

You get to pick the doors too right? 
I mean a little Honda Civic with 4 Buick doors? How cool would that be!:)=)