Topic: Team-ing with bad ideas gets 2011 back-up car!

As It's my birthday this week (and today) I thought I would abandon sanity.
We've a perfect platform for heroic fix on the apron now - to be revealed at ButtonWillow
- so why not accept the "free" Austin America "race car" that was on the boards a few months ago?
http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=6291

Reasons NOT:
1. it was about 4 hours away.
2. the guy that had got it for free wanted too much baksheesh
3. we ~have~ a CAR.
4. I need all the time b4 B-W to build I can find
5. It's an Austin America.

Reasons For:
1. It's Free (or almost, baksheesh isn't always free)
2. It's ONLY four hours away
3. we NEED a backup motor, and a whole car would be better, even though our current car isn't even british
4. We could borrow an engine from Spank.
5. It's an Austin America

Result:
1. It's in my second favorite storage spot. Unfortunately all-too connected to me.
2. I've made Spank Jealous
3. I have a new-to-me Halon bottle/fire system, and an 8 gallon ATL/Fuel Safe tank!

Notes:
the car has infinite spring rate - the suspension is bolted SOLID
It has fiberglass everything, and poorly done glass at that
the cage needs a door bar, relocating the rear braces, anti-intrusion forward and a few gussets to please the inspectors
there is no trace of an engine, except for the oil stained... everything

It will win IOE w/o ever getting off the trailer, w/o a theme

Anyone have the following?
Rabbit front end or whole rabbit (or other VW of similar simple nature), running
honda engine, not about to grenade
miata subframes and running gear
Goldwing engine complete enough to run
spare sanity?

Re: Team-ing with bad ideas gets 2011 back-up car!

will post Pictures when I get to it.

I can probably help you with the Rabbit front end, have an 1984 Golf II sitting around waiting to help someone. Located in Santa Cruz Mts.

Dirty Duck Racing, #83 VW Rabbit GTI
'10,'11,12,'13 -Thunderhill, '10,'11,'12,'13,'14 - Buttonwillow, '11,'12,'13,'14 Sears Pointless, '11-Fernley, '13 Sears Even More Pointless-Class B Winner,  '11,'13 Arse-Freeze Sears Point, Return of the LeMonites Miller Motorsports-Class B Winner, '13 A&D Northworst GT-Overall Winner in MT-GT

~ugh~ another 4 hour each way trip - but it's be worth it - I'll look for you after B-willow. Or come look for us at same.
I plan on putting the rabbit front in the back... Strut-towers et al, If there was an engine there it would be better, or better, rabbit and engine in back, some other concoction engine in front.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1122.snc4/148445_163126133726454_139309896108078_279855_1075098_n.jpg

After reviewing the Seven Website - my buddy Jack has Hijacked it!
~of course it's at his house, next to another A-A body that's perfect, and was free.
   he wants to do a roll-cage swap - I think he's an idiot - the current car is fugly enough that we could put Jays new SBC in it and not get any lapse...

http://www.www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Se … 9896108078

We could do up the Hi-Jacked theme - a bud posted to my f-b page that it's great advert for Lo-jack, just get a car no-one would want to jack! Now if we could get Lo-Jack to sponsor it...