Topic: Enclosed Trailer Rental in Southern Cal (a recommendation)

I looked and looked, and the only place in the greater LA/OC area that rented enclosed trailers was Adventure RV down in Santa Ana.
http://www.adventurervandtrailers.com/

Aside from a cramped parking lot and slightly underinflated tires on the trailer I rented, they were cheap and easy to deal with. Also, they work banker's hours (like 9-4:30) so it's a little tricky to coordinate pick up/drop off without an extra day of rental.

Anyway, they have a couple of 20-footers and a 28-footer available for pretty good prices.

Just don't swipe them out from under me for Buttonwillow.

Not shilling or anything...just figured someone else might want to know. Also, I have a personal vendetta against U-Haul, so I'm happy to send customers elsewhere.

There are those who call me...Judge Tim
Previously: Der Uberbird! BMW 633CSi
"When life gives you Lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you crap, don't make a beverage out of it."

Re: Enclosed Trailer Rental in Southern Cal (a recommendation)

HYDER makes a nice looking corolla based box van too.  questionable brakes though.  smile

3 (edited by LTDScott 2010-09-15 08:24 PM)

Hah weird, I read your review of the Dodge dually the other day and saw the trailer you rented. I had to blow up the photo and squint to make out the name of the company you got the trailer from. Could have just read this instead!

Our team lost its RV, and it'd be nice to have a semi-enclosed shelter for the Arse Freeze race. If I can't find someone else to tow my car (so I can rent a travel trailer), I might hit them up. Doesn't look like anyone in San Diego rents enclosed trailers.

I'll be forced to use U-Haul to tow our car to Vegas in November, though.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

LTDScott wrote:

Doesn't look like anyone in San Diego rents enclosed trailers.

I'll be forced to use U-Haul to tow our car to Vegas in November, though.

There's a place out in Lakeside:
http://haulmarkprices.com/

"When life gives you Lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you crap, don't make a beverage out of it."

Whoa.... I spent an hour online looking for places in San Diego and couldn't find one. Thanks!

Looks like neither of these websites are working. Anyone have a suggestion for a place to rent a 14' enclosed trailer in North San Diego county?

Odd. The haulmarkprices.com site was working last week because I revisited their site to check pricing. But I'm pretty sure all of their trailers were like 20' and bigger (to haul cars, obviously).

No idea where to rent an enclosed trailer like you need, unfortunately.

Adventure RV's site cached:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … =firefox-a

Yeah, adventure RV's site was down but if you google-maps Adventure RV in Santa Ana, you'll find their listing with a number. Dunno if they folded or if it's just their site.

That haulmarkprices guy has like 5 different URLs and advertises for trailer rentals on craigslist in LA and SD.

This time around, I found a private party 26' trailer on CL for cheaper than most commercial outfits. Search CL "for sale" section for "enclosed trailer" or the like.