Topic: paint question

Can't find the pink I want in spray cans bonnie in latex paint going to roll on will stickers stick on latex paint

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Re: paint question

I got a sticker to stick on my latex. In fact I think the sticker is more secure to the latex paint than the latex paint is to the car.  just be sure to primer first, so the latex sticks to the car.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Actually found pink spraypaint.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

1) Yes, stickers will stick to latex roller paint.
2) Yes, the stickers will stick to the paint better than the paint sticks to the car... even with primer.
3) Spray paint isn't necessarily better than roll-on paint.  If you want a shiny 'classic' car paint finish, you're more likely to get that with spray paint.  If you want a Lemons-worthy texture finish (an orange peel finish, for example) go with roller paint.
4) None of this will matter after a couple of races - once you re-theme and layer paint over paint over primer over paint over bondo, nothing really 'stays'.  Your paint will flake off like bad dandruff.

How do I know?  You should come check out the paint job on our car sometime!  I think the roll cage weighs as much as our paint job by now.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

BTW rollering is much cheaper.  I forgot how many cans of spay paint primer we went thorough primering the car, but I don't think we even used half a gallon of paint and we were painting like idiots and had to do like 3 coats + some extra touch-ups.

Plus you can get more specific in color since they'll mix up whatever color you want, although there was some questions when we wanted regal purple in high gloss, and then being explained that it won't last very long.  Eventually we just agreed with the sales person when they asked if it was an art car.  Seemed the easiest thing to do.

Facebook Page

i think the slight pitting to the Rustoleum " Hammered " finish paints (like for lawn furniture) looked great on the buick. Probably not the best example though since we went from a stock OEM dark blue to an old man brown metallic.

Since it is now generic paint talk.  The metalic gold paint takes forever to dry.  We painted the car the gold stuff on the car the sunday before the race, and while it wasn't hot it was 60's the full week before the race, and our tech inspector still got wet gold paint on their hand on friday tech inspection.  Luckily wet paint is not a fail item.

Facebook Page

Rustoleum in a gallon can is pretty cheap, and you can cut it 1:1 with spirits and spray it from a Harbor Freight gun. Having a decent compressor and a moisture trap certainly helps.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones