Topic: Gulf Region battle is over: Race Hard Race Ugly wins!

Here's the Gulf Region Top 25 for 2010:

http://www.murileemartin.com/GulfStandings.jpg

Just recalculated the standings for the Gulf region, and Race Hard Race Ugly managed to pull past Red Rocket Ratnest Revival for the regional championship. Prior to the Laissez Les Crapheaps Roulez, it looked like the Ratnests had the Gulf nailed down, but their Yamaha finally gave up and the RHRU BMW took the win on laps.

Those 3 points per start (which apply only to regional, not overall, standings) really helped some teams in the Gulf (e.g., Live Oak Nudist Resort), especially those with multiple cars.

Re: Gulf Region battle is over: Race Hard Race Ugly wins!

Wharez Lost In The Dark?

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:

Wharez Lost In The Dark?

(^^ funny ^^)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Baron wrote:

Wharez Lost In The Dark?

If you never finished in the top 10 of any race, I may not have counted your 3 points per start. How many starts at MSR, Eagles Canyon, and/or No Problem did you have in 2010?

H,

Judge Phil wrote:
Baron wrote:

Wharez Lost In The Dark?

If you never finished in the top 10 of any race, I may not have counted your 3 points per start. How many starts at MSR, Eagles Canyon, and/or No Problem did you have in 2010?

uh, 2 cars at each of the 3 races.

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

OK, Lost In The Dark gets 18 points. 9th place in the Gulf!

Anyone else with zero top 10 finishes but lots of starts that's not on the list?

It also turns out that Los Bastardos/Blue Oval Cult have 15 points. Tied for 13th place in the Gulf!

Judge Phil wrote:

OK, Lost In The Dark gets 18 points. 9th place in the Gulf!

Anyone else with zero top 10 finishes but lots of starts that's not on the list?

Thanks!

That is the highest placing we've gotten!

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

9 (edited by Serj 2010-11-26 08:57 PM)

Track Pillagerz! has 5 races this season across several regions, so it's no surprise we're not ranked anywhere.

Southern Discomfort 23rd (brake caliper seized knocking us out of top 10)
American Irony 12th (was in 8th, could have finished 6th, another damn brake caliper)
Capitol Offense 17th (too goddamned hot in the buick; especially under yellow)
Detroit Bull Oil GP 15th (Brake Problems, suspension problems, tire problems, subframe mounts rotted away)
Rod B 500 15th (another caliper seize in the closing minutes; still got back out for the checkered)

hey, at least we know what our Achilles' Heel is!

EDIT: hey, that reminds me, who took midwest region?

Clueless Racing took the Midwest, with 22 points. They won at the first Gingerman race, then blew the hell up at every subsequent race. 10 points for the win, 12 points for four starts.

Track Pillagerz came in 26th in the Midwest, 26th in the South, and 999th in the East. Or something like that.

Here are the Midwest Region standings, top 30. If your team had a bunch of starts but never made the top 10 at a race, I may have overlooked you. Email me if this is the case.

http://www.murileemartin.com/MWStandings.jpg

I like how the top 10 goes CRX, Neon, E30, Caprice, Berlina, XR4Ti, GTV6, Golf, Grand Prix/Bradley GT/GMC Van, Celica. The GTV6 would have placed higher, but they changed their theme/team name for the Rod Blago 500 without telling us beforehand.

that actually -is- pretty cool. nice to see it's not E30, E30, Miata, 240, Miata, Miata, Sentra, E30...or something to that effect. See guys, you can do well with non-cheaty hardware!

The national standings go Miata, SHO, E30, E30, Prelude, Saab 900, E30, 300ZX, Saturn SC, Golf. They will probably change after Buttonwillow and Miami.

And in the East, it's E28, Volvo 240, Civic, S500/E30, E30, Milano, Civic, Cougar, Milano, Impreza.

Someday a Jag will top that list, mark my words.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

looks like IF a jag tops the lists, it's going to be at an east or midwest regional, given the western and south's penchant for E30-ness

Judge Phil wrote:

The national standings go Miata, SHO, E30, E30, Prelude, Saab 900, E30, 300ZX, Saturn SC, Golf. They will probably change after Buttonwillow and Miami.

You got that right. We aren't out of it yet, there's still a chance.......

Judge Phil wrote:

It also turns out that Los Bastardos/Blue Oval Cult have 15 points. Tied for 13th place in the Gulf!

Somehow 13th place seems right...

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Judge Phil wrote:

I am vastly disappointed in all of us defending the pride of Government Motors - I mean, really. A Saturn is the best we can do? Really?

Hell, even the only Ford offering is the bastard lovechild of Japanese enginebuilding.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

I am vastly disappointed in all of us defending the pride of Government Motors - I mean, really. A Saturn is the best we can do? Really?

Don't feel bad. GM dominates the Index of Effluency.

TheHeckler wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Somehow 13th place seems right...

Yeah, for both of us...

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

Wow, that was a long shot. Between Red Rocket's early retirement and how absurdly close Warthog was at the end of Laissez, we could have easily lost the Gulf Region Championship.

Benson Young, Team Nemesis #88, debuting at MSR 2011
Raced Hard, Raced Ugly, got the nickels, moving on...

Race Hard Race Ugly would have won the Gulf with a fourth or better finish, once the Red Rocket Ratnests blew up. Warthog Racing could have taken the win on laps last weekend and it wouldn't have made a difference in the regional standings race; the Gulf Region championship was down to RHRU versus RRRR before the race even started.

The real disappointment is that the Ratnests dropped out of the race for the national win; now Eyesore won't have to bust ass to do well at Buttonwillow, since they pretty much have the national championship nailed down. It would do the Eyesores good to sweat a bit.

25 (edited by Mulry 2010-11-28 09:26 PM)

Judge Phil wrote:

The real disappointment is that the Ratnests dropped out of the race for the national win; now Eyesore won't have to bust ass to do well at Buttonwillow, since they pretty much have the national championship nailed down. It would do the Eyesores good to sweat a bit.

This might be a good rationale for awarding at least the same points for starts outside one's home region, rather than just points for where a team finishes in races outside their home region. Just a small tweak. "National" (i.e. non-home-region start points) wouldn't have to be included for the regional points standings. But it would promote teams travelling outside their home region if they were in contention for the national points lead later in the season. You know that Sergio and his bunch would be a lot more motivated to fix that SHO and haul it out to Bakerstucky for Arse-Freeze if they knew that they could get at least 3 points out of it just for the start, and then you'd have a good head-to-head contest with the Eyesore's. Just something to think about.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.