Topic: Race Instruction at Buttonwillow

See Our Crappy Race

We, the OLD Fast Auto Race Team & Sons, are certified Open Track Instructors and have been providing classroom instruction for Lemons Races for over a year.  We know the tracks, we've run seven Lemons events, and we’ve tried the excuses.  If you are new to Lemons or new to Buttonwillow, our class will get you around the track faster than sneaking in a chip on your car.  It's cheaper too.  You get an annotated track map so you can show the judges exactly were you went off and why the instructor said to slow down for that turn.   Feel free to contact me with any questions
See you at the track – Old Fast Auto Race Team & Sons, FARTINI Racing

Re: Race Instruction at Buttonwillow

We have a classroom in one of the commercial buildings at Buttonwillow for Friday night.  Two sessions are planned.  The first one will start at 5:30 and will cover all basic stuff, flags, passing, track etiquette plus a turn by turn discription of the track.  The first one is set for rookies.  The second class is at 7 and will cover turn by turn discription of the track.  This is set up for advanced drivers.  If drivers can not made the frist class, come to the later class and I will briefly cover the basic stuff after the second class.

A track map with line will be included.  At $20, it the best deal of the weekend.
See you at the track.

3 (edited by CowDriver 2010-11-22 06:35 PM)

Even though I have run SCCA time trials at Buttonwillow, and have been a corner worker there, I certainly intend to go to your class.   I'll never pass up an opportunity to learn something new.

What building will you be in?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

The classroom is in a commercial building North-North West of the gas station.  I'll have a couple of flyers posted at the track.
BRING CHAIRS if you want sit on anything but the concrete floor.