Topic: Corvette?????

While I know that Vettes and other cars r kinda questionable for the $500 limit this one might just scoot under like the last one. The guy wants $350 for it and just wants it gone. Thing is it has a L88 drivetrain that's not in the car and the top end needs reasembly. But it does have the Corvette sommer body and hood with side pipes(that r rusted A LOT). After paint and all reasebled would be worth more than $500. With photos at time of purchas and recite would the asebled price be what goes or price of purchase?

2 (edited by EriktheAwful 2010-11-28 06:41 PM)

Re: Corvette?????

Judges are dying to see a Corvette. Do it up Corvette Summer style with a stock sounding motor and suspension and I'd bet you wouldn't get laps, but even if you do get laps, who cares? It would be awesome!

It was real random I found it. I went to the private lot of my local u pull it for my truck with a friend and he mentioned that the runers were in a spare lot. The Vette was parked with mustangs newyorkers and many other pre 75 under $500. The Corrvette Summer theme was just an instant thought for Lemons when I saw this thing cause it looked movie accurate with the hood pipes and body.

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it! Do it now! Awesome.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

http://www.murileemartin.com/LAZ10/LeMons-Phoenix10-0895.jpg

We've had a Lemons Corvette. Cost $300. The team got ripped off.

6 (edited by pennintj 2010-11-29 08:25 AM)

Dice1 wrote:

It was real random I found it. I went to the private lot of my local u pull it for my truck with a friend and he mentioned that the runers were in a spare lot. The Vette was parked with mustangs newyorkers and many other pre 75 under $500. The Corrvette Summer theme was just an instant thought for Lemons when I saw this thing cause it looked movie accurate with the hood pipes and body.

Why are you here typing, when you should be out putting it onto a flatbed & towing it home?

Oh, and ditch the v8. Stuff a Mercedes 300TD in it, call it a day.

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

First off I do love odd and creepy engine swaps but that's some thing I could not do to respect for the car. A vette with a TD Mercedes engine would be sacrilidge to myself. Also I have a spot for the car but it can't go until it is fo sure going to be my racer.  If I park one more thing in the yard beside the other three its got be for a reason other than a resto.

It has an L88 drivetrain and he only wants $350? I call bull$#!+. Unless it doesn't come with the drivetrain and the chassis is so rusted away that it's unusable to a restorer.

I will call shinanigans on this until further notice and more research is done on the car. It has a title and I did not get the vin. I will run the numbers on bothe motor trans and vin to see what adds up on this. Even so, if it is $350 with a standard 350 it still be worth it. But for now SHINANIGANS on myself and car.

Where in PA are you? I've been looking for good junkyards up that way to, uh, provide necessary competition and diversity. This place CERTAINLY fits the 'good' bill if they have a whole lot of runners set aside.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Dice1 wrote:

A vette with a TD Mercedes engine would be sacrilidge to myself.

Jay is the former publisher of Corvette Magazine, and I'm sure he'd be overjoyed to see such a swap. Do it!

12 (edited by OMGuar 2010-11-30 11:02 AM)

Judge Phil wrote:
Dice1 wrote:

A vette with a TD Mercedes engine would be sacrilidge to myself.

Jay is the former publisher of Corvette Magazine, and I'm sure he'd be overjoyed to see such a swap. Do it!

AW Phil!

You missed the obvious! Jaguars's with Cheevy Motors in them are called lumps bythose of us who like Jaguars..  So a reverse lump would be a Corvette with a Jaguar motor..
That has me druelling..  Toss that 5.3 litre V12 into a Corvette and watch the Corvette guys burn me in effigy!!
  Ahhh too cool!
Is there a race somewhere around Bowling Green Kentucky?  Think The KKK would appreciate such a intermarque marriage?  Gee we could show up wearing white hooded bedsheets.  (do they even make nomex bedsheets? :cool

OMGuar wrote:

(do they even make nomex bedsheets?

Nomex bedsheets for those really *hot*, er, activities?   :-)

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Sorry I will have no 34yr old fualty v12 Brit drive line in any lifetime. Ill drive a Morris before that happens.

Dice1 wrote:

Sorry I will have no 34yr old fualty v12 Brit drive line in any lifetime. Ill drive a Morris before that happens.

OH , OK!
  If you'd rather stick it into a Morris Minor I guess you can.. Probably need to sit in the back seat though, that V12 is really longand the engine compartment in a Morris is really short..
  Oh and you don't need to have a 34 year old motor. Jagaur made the V12 through 1996  you could go with a 14 year old motor. 
By the way Post Ford Motor companies purchase Jaguars quality control got really, really, good! Some years better than Mercedes and BMW so those last 6 litres would be great candidates..