1 (edited by Trevor57 2010-12-10 08:32 PM)

Topic: Is a trunklid, or hatch a "door?"

The new rules came in my email, do I have to put on the rear hatch on the station wagon, or is that not considered a "door?"

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

Re: Is a trunklid, or hatch a "door?"

I say it's not a door. They just say hood, doors, and fenders.

Boy, HQ's email is gonna be full by Monday with these new rules.....

You'll get an awesome tunnel effect with the massive air displacement vaccuum that beast creates.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

I'd wonder if lacking the rear hatch would be considered insufficient crumple zone

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

In another thread it was hinted by a lemon staffer that leaving off trunk/hatch was still OK.  The doors are there for side intrusion, and the hood is to help contain the fireball when the draw thru supercharger goes kablooey.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

The hatch on our firebird is glass from the hinge all the way down to the back. There is only a few inches of sheet metal that would be left just sitting back there held on by 2 pins. It would get detached and and be flying shrapnal in a wreck. I don't see them actually wanting people to put hatches on fastback style cars back on.