Topic: The die hard penalty

After reading all the post in the tech forum on fuel jug size, I got an idea for a penalty.  Teams get one 3 gallon and one 5 gallon fuel can and have to put exactly 4 gallons of fuel in their car.

If it doesn't have 2 doors, 3 pedals, and 5 lug nuts per wheel - It isn't a real race car

Re: The die hard penalty

Fill the 5 gallon jug.
From the five fill the 3 gallon jug. Put the remaining two gallons from the five gallon jug into the car.
Put the three gallons back  back into the now empty five gallon jug, top off and repeat.

On your way!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

I should have specified, exactly 4 gallons in at one time!

If it doesn't have 2 doors, 3 pedals, and 5 lug nuts per wheel - It isn't a real race car

Anarchyjet wrote:

I should have specified, exactly 4 gallons in at one time!

Fill the 5-gallon jug from semi-infinite source.
Fill the 3-gallon jug from the 5-gallon jug, leaving 2 gallons in the 5-gallon jug.
Empty the 3-gallon jug into your daily driver, the judge's car (bribe points!), or onto the ground.
Transfer the 2 gallons in the 5-gallon jug into the 3-gallon container.
Refill the 5-gallon jug from the semi-infinite source.
Fill the 3-gallon jug (which already has 2 gallons) from the 5-gallon jug, leaving 4 gallons in the 5-gallon jug.
Empty the 5-gallon jug (which now contains 4 gallons) into the car.   Done.

Bonus points: Empty the 3-gallon jug into your daily driver.   Never pass up free gas!   smile

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"