Topic: chasing classic cars episode w/ Lemons monterrey

That girl with the 400 k mile volvo deserved to win.  She had the much better bribe, and actually owned the car, which is a dd.

After that, I was hoping she'd at least get the "I got screwed" trophy.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Re: chasing classic cars episode w/ Lemons monterrey

I agree.  Renting a heap to enter and win was a bit outside of the concept-- although that homemade targa top was sweet.  Would have been sweeter if one of the west coast teams owned it and it showed up at a race one of these days.

Scuderia Regurgito  '75 Fiat 131, '93 e36
2010 Stafford: Winner, class ugly  2011 NJMP: Organizer's Choice and violently exploded gearbox
2011 Stafford: Most From the Least, 2012 NJMP: Shockingly issue free, 2012 Loudon: Rod thru block
2012 Hooptiefest: Multiple spun bearings, 2013 Monticello: Head gaskets, 2013 Loudon: More head gaskets, 2013 NJMP, 2013 Hooptiefest, 2014 NJMPx2 and Heroic Fix

I agree and I almost posted the same thing but didn’t want to spoil the show for someone who hadn’t seen it.

Also I think we did miss something as she did win some 7-11 beef sticks… even though she is a vegetarian. 

She did get her 15 minutes of fame going up against Wayne Carini and making it on the show, that’s probably better than a Lemons award.

I thought that a vegetarian winning the "beef" sticks was just classic Lemons.

Next time she'll know to show up with her own camera crew and a judge as her co-driver!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I haven't seen the show yet, but you can only be describing my niece, Andrea, and her '69 144.  She loves that car; it's been her daily driver for the last several years.  She got caught up in the Lemons madness when I brought her along in my MG Metro to the Concours d'Lemons Box Wine Country Classic at this year's Sears Pointless:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2797/4425234362_cba4b34543.jpg

My understanding was that Carini borrowed "his" 1800ES from a nearby friend, since he himself is based on the East Coast.  For what it's worth, even Andrea agrees it was more oddball and truly awful than her sedan, if not more mundane.

Also, apparently Jay really liked the 144's trunk-mounted AC unit.

For those of you who, like me, are HDTV-impaired, hers is the first car shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OgfG6QPLxI

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

She mentioned in the episode that you were to blame for her attendance. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Yep, Carini rented the volvo from a used car lot so he could come be part of the fun. I think its great that he did that and came for some fun, but I would have liked to see Andrea get the award.

We sat out for the show this year because the Killer Bee had such an unfair advantage, we wanted to give other cars a chance...

...that, and my motor was blowed up.

But since then the MGB has gotten a BUNCH of custom body work and fresh duck tape so we'll be bringing our "C" game to the next show. Consider the gauntlet thrown, bitches. We're goin for a repeat!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs172.snc1/6480_1202931837998_1369652107_566560_5101535_n.jpg

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.