Topic: Minumin age?

Is there a minimum age requirement for crew members?

I want to "hire" my 11 y.o. nephew as a crew member to do various jobs for us, like wash windows and handle the radio hookups and cameras during pit stops, fetch tools, record some lap times, take other notes, and be a spotter during the race. He may be only 11 but the more responsible he has to be, the more important the job, the more he wants it. Weird.

We'll also send him around the paddock with a camera and microphone to interview you guys. He's already been practicing conducting interviews. Weird.

I'm afraid he's going to ask to drive, too.

His mom will be present.

Re: Minumin age?

well the things not touching the cars he could do with the regular pit pass so no age requirements there.  Once he touches the car for things een like washing the windows and the radio and camera stuff then he will need to pay to be a pit crew member.  You probably are going to have to email Jay and Nick and have them see what their insurance says.  At a minimium you will need his parents to sign some document saying they won't sue when their kid gets lockjaw from stabbing himself with some sharp piece of rust from your car.  But they might not allow him to be crew until he is 16 also.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I've seen a few under 16YO people in the pits, doing litttle things like rolling tires around and handing out wrenches.  Not sayin' it's legal, but as long as they are not handling fuel jugs or fissile material, I think it's cool.  Better than nintendo.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Jim where can I get some Fissile material? Not sure what to do with it, but I'm pretty sure I need some.

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

Just ask your local 11 year olds, I'm sure they can tell you were to find it.

Facebook Page

We'll keep away from the car during fueling, but he might go along to help refuel the jugs, unless I get the word that that is not allowed.

I'd be happy to pay and register him as part of the team.

I'll contact Jay.

I would make him take the car through bs by him self though just to see what the judges do.

Facebook Page

Is there any age minimums in terms of driving?

Sub-Par Subaru Racing
Subaru XT6: Under Construction

Sub-Par Subarus wrote:

Is there any age minimums in terms of driving?

Da Rules wrote:

2.2: Driver Eligibility: All drivers must have a valid US or International driver's license and a valid competition license or Lemons Competition Membership card. Lemons Competition Membership cards are good for one year from the race for which they were purchased and are made available to all drivers after their team is accepted. No other competition licenses are recognized or reciprocated.
2.2.1: Drivers Under 18: Drivers under 18 years of age must get a notarized letter of permission from their parents or legal guardians. You might also want to ask said parents or legal guardians why they'd ever allow you to do this; it probably means they've been poaching your college fund.

Requiring a driver's license pretty much sets the minimum driver age at 16 with parental consent.  I wouldn't expect them to allow anyone below that age "over the wall" at all.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Jim where can I get some Fissile material? Not sure what to do with it, but I'm pretty sure I need some.

Throw your cheatonium into a centrifuge and spin it until the fissile material throws a rod.

Watch out for stuxnet.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Lemons is a kid friendly event....at least in terms of spectators   The drivers have to have a license, so that makes 16 an easy number....but it terms of crew.....I would imagine with a parent present and signed consent from the parent...it shouldn't be an issue?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2