Re: In its new home, awaiting a sinister life

Scud.Ig wrote:

That thing needs a Buick straight 8 smile

Got one handy?

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

If you want a batshit way to get a five liter eight cylinder GM engine, why not mate two Iron Dukes together?

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Two Quad4s!  Twice the head gasket failures!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

I would say 2 Iron Dukes just because I love the name Iron Duke.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I wanna see someone siamese 2 Subaru Boxer 4s together, so you'd have the H8 engine.

How about this?  Ignore the fact that it is over 1100 miles away from you.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/2106957772.html

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

JThw8 wrote:
Scud.Ig wrote:

Got one handy?

I happen to have one about 100' away...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
Scud.Ig wrote:

Got one handy?

I happen to have one about 100' away...

Enabler!

OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."

JThw8 wrote:
rpone605 wrote:

Ah too bad...restoring an old nash could be a cool project.

I look at this way.  It wont be in a crusher any time soon unless your a hoon on the track with it.  (wow that sounded weird).

You'll have to come up with some unique power plant for it though.  Slant six with EFI and a megasquirt system to control it?

Some type of straight 6, I'd really love to put a 5.9 Cummins in it but cheap donors dont exist.  Got awhile before I start anything with this one so I'll be mulling over ideas.

Anyone got the dimensions on a Jag V12?  It looks like there might be room wink

Demensions on a Jag V12  31 inches long, 18 inches wide and 19 inches tall (excluding intake manifolds and or carbs.. etc..

OMGuar wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
rpone605 wrote:

Ah too bad...restoring an old nash could be a cool project.

I look at this way.  It wont be in a crusher any time soon unless your a hoon on the track with it.  (wow that sounded weird).

You'll have to come up with some unique power plant for it though.  Slant six with EFI and a megasquirt system to control it?

Some type of straight 6, I'd really love to put a 5.9 Cummins in it but cheap donors dont exist.  Got awhile before I start anything with this one so I'll be mulling over ideas.

Anyone got the dimensions on a Jag V12?  It looks like there might be room wink

Demensions on a Jag V12  31 inches long, 18 inches wide and 19 inches tall (excluding intake manifolds and or carbs.. etc..

Thank you!  Hmmmm....that would fit with room to spare.

I think "AIRCOOLED"   do a flat 6 - flat meaning the horizonal way --- not straight 6.  Lots of 2.7 liter porsche motors fit the bill.   no need for a radiator , water , water pump --- just 12 qt of oil.

porsche4me wrote:

I think "AIRCOOLED"   do a flat 6 - flat meaning the horizonal way --- not straight 6.  Lots of 2.7 liter porsche motors fit the bill.   no need for a radiator , water , water pump --- just 12 qt of oil.

We did the whole flat motor thing with the last build.  If I was going to do it it wouldnt be a Porsche motor, I'd go subaru, much cheaper and much more power to $$ ratio.  Dont get me wrong, I loves me some Porsche, but my wallet doesnt.

I had considered making this rear engine with a subie H6 in the same manner as we did the Wartburg but meh, BTDT, time for something new.

Starting to dig the Jag V12 idea, especially if I can find a full donor for suspension too.

the jag v12 is a pretty cool looking engine so if you go the hot rod route and not Lemons route cool looking engine is always a plus.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

the jag v12 is a pretty cool looking engine so if you go the hot rod route and not Lemons route cool looking engine is always a plus.

Why does a person have to choose?  The Wartburg is both smile  Although I do need to do some serious "prettying up" on her one of these days. 

That's probably the only downside to this adventure.  I had planned on starting a full redo of the Wartburg without all the budget restrictions and making a proper street car/hot rod out of her but that may get back burnered for awhile now.  I hate to see a car sit.  I know Jeff (littleturquoiseb) is just frothing at the mouth for me to decide to sell her wink