Topic: Is this a big mistake?

Purchased an 84 rx7 for $400 that does not run. What if I add more than $100 to get it running?
I wanted to run the car at Gingerman in April with my son, daughter, and three friends. I am having second thoughts after going over what the car needs.
joe

Re: Is this a big mistake?

I'd say 'so what' if it costs more than $500.  Build it, bring it, tell the Judges what it cost, get the 'penalty' laps and go have one of the best times you'll with your kids and friends racing the car.

As long as it doesn't cost '00's & '00's over 500 though ......

Get a residual value for the next race.

What is residual value?

backwinded17 wrote:

What is residual value?

After your first race you can ask Jay for a residual value which is basically his assessed value of your car after it has suffered the punishment of a Lemons race.  This is usually just enough to fix things that broke during the race and not make major improvements.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

With and RX-7 you'll need a good theme. If you need any technical advice to get it running again, check out www.mazspeed.com.

Of course this is a big mistake. Everything about this series is a giant mistake. However, it's the greatest mistake you'll ever make.

So what's wrong with the car? There are some wankel-wielding fools around here who might be able to help you fix it on low/no budget.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

backwinded17 wrote:

Purchased an 84 rx7 for $400 that does not run. What if I add more than $100 to get it running?
I wanted to run the car at Gingerman in April with my son, daughter, and three friends. I am having second thoughts after going over what the car needs.
joe

Why? At the very worst all it really needs is the 4.3l vortex v6 drivetrain from a Chevy astro right? And craigslist is littered with those for almost nothing with only 300,000 miles all day.

Tom

-=HFC Tom

don't forget that you can sell parts off to put money back into the budget.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page